💯 to new test failure UI!

Gabriel Charette

Sep 14, 2021, 6:08:33 PMSep 14
to Chromium-dev
For years, as a Windows dev, the hardest thing to debug for me was an Android-only crash on CQ (well, I guess iOS is slightly worse..!).

The new UI is sooo much better than before (and has symbolization! that's also new? or at least I never knew how to get it on Android):
image.png

With this view I immediately know what the problem is to an issue I'd abandoned debugging earlier this summer when this wasn't in place.

In the past the failure looked something like this and I couldn't never figure out which logs to look at on Android failures:
image.png
Or sometimes I'd find some logs but they would be unsymbolized...

Anyways, thanks a lot to Infra!
- Gab

Nodir Turakulov

Sep 16, 2021, 2:57:06 PMSep 16
to Chromium-dev, g...@chromium.org
Moreover, now you can see that even without leaving Gerrit!

Nodir Turakulov

Sep 16, 2021, 3:02:05 PMSep 16
to Chromium-dev, g...@chromium.org
ah, sorry for posting an internal link. Here is the screenshot

image.png

--
I appreciate "this could be better" feedback: go/nodir-feedback.
Please don't feel obliged to reply straight away. These are weird times and folks work at weird times of the day accordingly.

Gabriel Charette

Sep 16, 2021, 3:20:58 PMSep 16
to Nodir Turakulov, Chromium-dev, g...@chromium.org
Woohoo! Thanks for bringing errors ever closer to where I'm looking for them :), with so many platforms doing things slightly differently over the years, it's been hard to know where to find errors on unfamiliar platforms. Standardizing here will be key to developer productivity!