Communication between Browser and GPU process

siddesh K

Nov 22, 2021, 5:25:22 AM11/22/21
to Chromium-dev
Hello folks,

   I was trying to find a mechanism to communicate between browser and GPU process. Need is to communicate 2 boolean flags from the preferences. Since browser process can access preference , want to red the values in browser process and  communicate the same to GPU process .

But wanted to confirm the below
-  Is there  something already being communicated from browser to GPU
-  Can GPU process access preferences directly.

Thanks
Sidd

Joe Mason

Nov 23, 2021, 11:17:44 AM11/23/21
to sid....@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
This earlier thread mentions that the GPU process has a special mechanism for preferences: https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/chromium-dev/CAHtyhaTHGUQkya42zJZhOexjNhPOii8QN_PuvgHJgg_NJKKayA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer

(Sorry, I don't have any more info than that.)

siddesh K

Jan 16, 2022, 3:34:43 AM1/16/22
to Chromium-dev, Joe Mason, Chromium-dev, siddesh K
Thanks Joe. I was able to achieve this by using GPUProcessHost residing on the browser process. had to wireup a mojo interface which  will be called from the browser process. Ultimately the GPU process gets notifies post that I can add my logic in the graphics code.