Issue Tracker Migration, July updates

Andy Perelson

Jul 2, 2024, 3:02:26 PM (9 hours ago) Jul 2

Hi Everyone,

The Workflow team was busy during Q2 landing new features in Buganizer.

We have a few key updates for you:

  • You can now inherit templates from a parent component

    • This can help avoid having to duplicate templates across our component hierarchy. Templates can be marked as inherited by child components from the create/modify template page. Template inheritance has been one of the top requested features in Buganizer and closes out a bug that has been open for eight years.

    • Changing components will not change the template if the same (inherited) template is available in both components. This is expected to help reduce misfiled issues when the component is changed after selecting a template.

    • We have already rolled this out for the 'Security Bug' template in the Chromium tracker.

  • Gitwatcher now updates the Buganizer built-in change fields in addition to posting comments about the associated bugs.

These improvements are based on feedback from Chromium contributors.  If you have Buganizer bugs that you are impacted by and would like us to prioritize, the best thing to do is use Buganizer +1s or substantive comments to add your voice, and you can also file new issues in our Chromium > Issue Tracker component. Our team is actively triaging issues and paying attention to comments and +1s on bugs to know where we can make Burgniazer a better experience for Chromium.

As always, reach out with any questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Andy, on behalf of the Chromium Issue Tracker team