Python markdown parsing in the repos

Dirk Pranke

Jan 31, 2023, 8:19:49 PM1/31/23
to chromium-dev, python
Hi all,

I've been looking at a bug filed recently about our uses of the Python-Markdown third party lib and while pondering how to fix that I remembered that we actually have at least two copies of it in the repo (in //third_party/markdown and //third_party/Python-Markdown). The former is an older version of the second one; I believe the second one was checked in not knowing about the first one.

There only appear to be two users of this library, one in //tools/md_browser and one in //net/tools/net_docs .

Does anyone know of any other users of this (or any other) Markdown library?

I'd like to get the uses consolidated so we can more easily keep things reviewed and up-to-date.

-- Dirk

Dirk Pranke

Feb 22, 2023, 6:07:53 PM2/22/23
to chromium-dev, python
Following up on myself a few weeks later: I got no responses, so I'll take this as no other uses are known.
I plan to switch the two tools to use CIPD to resolve the bug, to use the current best practice for
managing third-party code, and to be able to remove the two checked-in copies in //third_party.

Thanks!

-- Dirk