A Build Option to enable OpenGL ES 3.1?

杨飞

May 9, 2022, 6:28:31 PM5/9/22
to Chromium-dev
Hello everyone.

I'm new here to ask a question, which might be a stupid one.

I'm trying to hack in some 3D rendering code to enable a "built-in" 3D rendering engine, which I'm going to write in C++. In addition, I want it to share the same OpenGL ES context as the WebGL2 context of a Canvas.

The problem I got is that OpenGL ES 3.1 features are disabled by default in GLES2Interface. For example, calling GLES2Interface::CreateShader with GL_COMPUTE_SHADER gives me "GL_INVALID_ENUM: OpenGL ES 3.1 Required".
That basically means I can't get any additional features out of GLES2Interface than those already provided by WebGL2.

Is there any easy way to upgrade the underlying OpenGL ES to 3.1? (some gn argument ?)

By the way, this is my project (not involving Chromium yet):

Thanks.

Fei