iOS build with Xcode 15.0 (or 15.1 beta) issue

Radu Rad

Oct 5, 2023, 8:28:22 PM10/5/23
to Chromium-dev
Hi,

I have updated Xcode to latest version and since then I have been unable to successfully build the Chromium for iOS base code.
I have narrowed down the issue to the swift-toolchain used by the code, the iOS 17 SDK is using the 5.9 version and all frameworks are built with this, while Chromium uses 5.8 which results in conflicting errors when building. (For reference the latest swift-toolchain from the repository https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src.git/+/refs/heads/main/third_party/swift-toolchain/README.chromium)

Is there a planned update of the swift-toolchain in order to build with latest Xcode and using the iOS 17 SDK?

Best Regards,
Radu.

Dean Wedel

Oct 11, 2023, 11:38:08 AM10/11/23
to Chromium-dev, Radu Rad
Me too. . .

Any workaround to get Chromium to build with XCode 15 and the iOS 17 SDK?

Akhil Arora

Jun 24, 2024, 10:24:21 AM (9 days ago) Jun 24
to Chromium-dev, Dean Wedel, Radu Rad
Any solution to this issue ?