Windows SDK update

Bruce Dawson

Feb 13, 2023, 5:43:37 PM2/13/23
to Chromium-dev
I have created crrev.com/c/4072083 to switch Chromium to building with VS 2022 and the Windows 11 22H2 SDK. Google employees will be generally unaffected, other companies that use packaged toolchains will have to repackage them, and external developers will need VS 2022 and the latest Windows SDK installed.

This should slightly simplify the setup process for a Chromium builder because, for the first time in many years, the package includes just one SDK variant. Previously we needed some old components for compatibility with Windows 7, or some new components for compatibility with large-page PDBs. Now the install process is simple, as mentioned in the build instructions that are updated in this CL.

If you have any questions or concerns please let me know.

--
Bruce Dawson, he/him

Bruce Dawson

Feb 17, 2023, 12:43:01 PM2/17/23
to Chromium-dev
I landed crrev.com/c/4072083 yesterday so Chromium now requires the Windows 11 SDK and VS 2022 to build. The build instructions have been updated and are now simpler than they used to be.

The change has not yet rolled to all of the related projects (V8, Angle) so it might still need to be reverted, but I am hopeful.

Let me know if you see any problems related to this change.

--
Bruce Dawson, he/him