Changes to OmahaProxy

Anthony LaForge

Mar 2, 2012, 4:13:42 PM3/2/12
to chromium-dev
Howdy folks,

This isn't earth shaking, but wanted to give folks a heads up about a couple of minor changes to OmahaProxy.
  • If you load http://omahaproxy.appspot.com from a browser, it will now automatically redirect you to the viewer (no more csv view)
  • There is now a list of the "Hidden Features" of OmahaProxy on the HTML Viewer page
  • Added:
    • /json feed path (all.json was previously there, but folks had trouble discovering it)
    • /v8 - Chrome version to V8 version
    • /webkit - Chrome version to Webkit version
Caveat, if the off chance someone used the default csv feed in an extension, it's possible to force omahaproxy not to redirect to the viewer page by passing "?csv=foo" as a param).

Kind Regards,

Anthony Laforge
Technical Program Manager
Mountain View, CA

Paweł Hajdan, Jr.

Mar 2, 2012, 4:20:00 PM3/2/12
to laforge...@google.com, chromium-dev
On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 22:13, Anthony LaForge <laf...@google.com> wrote:
    • /v8 - Chrome version to V8 version

Nice, I appreciate that.

Camilo Aguilar

Mar 24, 2012, 12:48:13 AM3/24/12
to laforge...@google.com, chromium-dev
This tool is really handy, is there source code somewhere? I'd like to learn how it does get this information. I'm trying to find out a webkit revision that was shipped with a given v8 revision/version.  or any indications about how can I discover that will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Camilo

Camilo Aguilar
Software Engineer