Unable to launch/show Welcome Page in Chromium MAC

Apoorv Saxena

Oct 3, 2022, 5:45:29 AM10/3/22
to Chromium-dev
Hi everyone,

OS : MAC
Tag Version : 103.0.5060.134

I have a requirement to launch the Existing Welcome Screen on MAC Chromium with some customisations. I found out these are the classes responsible for showing the Welcome Screen (welcome_ui.cc -> landing_view.html & .ts).

But I am not able to find out the initial connections where these files are loading. Can anyone faced this situation or anyone can help me with the connection, from where the welcome screen can be launched in chromium.

Regards,
Apoorv

Mike Dougherty

Oct 4, 2022, 7:06:07 PM10/4/22
to apoor...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
I'm not familiar with this code, but I believe you are looking for the WebUI in chrome/browser/ui/webui/welcome

Apoorv Saxena

Oct 10, 2022, 1:50:34 PM10/10/22
to Chromium-dev, mich...@chromium.org, Chromium-dev, Apoorv Saxena
Thanks for replying.

Yes, I found the files at the mentioned path. But not able to find the callings of these files.

In Chrome when 1st launch the application "chrome://welcome" page is loading. But in chromium only new_tab page is loading.
I am looking to load the welcome page in chromium code. Either the mentioned welcome_ui.cc (chrome/browser/ui/webui/welcome/) or landing_view.html will be called from somewhere to load the welcome page.