chromium DEBUG build launch and exit immediately

Zhenyao Mo

Apr 4, 2011, 7:06:42 PM4/4/11
to chromium-dev
I didn't do gclient sync last week. I did it this morning and since
then the debug build won't run. Yet the tree is green.

Below is what gdb told me. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
Reason: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at address: 0x00000000
0x02cdf84c in SiteInstance::GetEffectiveURL (profile=0xb409b80,
url=@0x158074f8) at
/src/chrome/src/content/browser/site_instance.cc:192
192 return content::GetContentClient()->browser()->GetEffectiveURL(profile,
url);

Nico Weber

Apr 4, 2011, 7:11:16 PM4/4/11
to z...@google.com, chromium-dev, John Abd-El-Malek
`git blame` says the crashing line is only 7h old:
http://codereview.chromium.org/6693054

Matt Perry

Apr 4, 2011, 7:14:51 PM4/4/11
to tha...@chromium.org, z...@google.com, chromium-dev, John Abd-El-Malek
I just got this too. I think you might need to have extensions (with background pages) installed in order to see it.

Eric Roman

Apr 4, 2011, 7:36:37 PM4/4/11
to z...@google.com, tha...@chromium.org, mpcom...@chromium.org, chromium-dev, John Abd-El-Malek
If you haven't already, please file a bug and include the backtrace,
and repro steps. Sounds like a recent regression.
http://crbug.com/new

Zhenyao Mo

Apr 4, 2011, 7:43:40 PM4/4/11
to Eric Roman, tha...@chromium.org, mpcom...@chromium.org, chromium-dev, John Abd-El-Malek