[iOS] NSInternalInconsistencyExceptions after upgrading our app to 122

Philby Dias

Jun 25, 2024, 8:26:29 PMJun 25
to Chromium-dev
Hi!

We recently upgraded our browser application to chromium 122 from 110 and we notice there's quite a few NSInternalInconsistencyExceptions crashes reported in Crashlytics. The stack trace seems to indicate it's crashing somewhere during the STWebpageController initialisation, most of which occur very early (<5 seconds) after the app is opened.

You may check this bug report I have raised with some more details: https://issues.chromium.org/issues/349179785. Does this look familiar to you?

Appreciate any help on this issue as I've hit a roadblock on understanding the cause of this crash and need to find a resolution.

Thank you!

Alesandro Ortiz

Jun 28, 2024, 2:22:10 AMJun 28
to Chromium-dev, Philby Dias
Hi Philby,

Asking as an external observer:

What is the app in question? Is it a Rakuten-branded Chromium build?

If it's available on other platforms (e.g. Android), are you seeing similar issues there?

If it's a public app, providing a link to it in the issue tracker will be helpful for folks over there, even if it's the current build based on 110.

Regards,
Alesandro

Philby Dias

Jul 11, 2024, 1:28:12 PM (11 days ago) Jul 11
to Chromium-dev, Alesandro Ortiz, Philby Dias
Hi!

Yes, you're right. Though I don't have any issue tracker other than the one I raised above.

For anyone else who faces this issue: seems like the fix was disabling the ScreenTime API, via the build.gni (it's disabled by default from 128.0.6560.1).

Thanks!