Re: [chromium-dev] Chromium Sign In Not Working on Mac

David Roger

Jun 27, 2024, 11:43:43 AMJun 27
to mark...@gmail.com, Mihai Sardarescu, Alex Ilin, Chromium-dev
+Mihai Sardarescu +Alex Ilin

I'm not sure how up-to-date this instruction page is. Adding some folks who may know.

On Tue, Jun 25, 2024 at 5:14 PM mark7 <mark...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've been testing building my own Chromium browser (M126) and have followed all the steps metioned in the "API Keys" Chromium doc page. I've added my test account to the 'Google browser sign-in test account' group, created the OAuth2 and API credentials, created the OAuth consent screen, enabled the 'Chrome Sync' API, etc. etc. I have also added the three credentials (google_api_key, google_default_client_id, google_default_client_secret) to my args.gn so that I don't have to provide them at runtime every time.

However, having done all that, I still cannot sign in to my Chromium build. When I fill in my Google account data and go through the second authentication step, I simply get redirected to a New Tab page and nothing else happens. I do not get logged into Chromium.

Could someone please help? Am I still missing something even with all those steps performed?

Thanks

mark7

Jun 30, 2024, 8:57:06 AMJun 30
to Chromium-dev, David Roger, Chromium-dev, mark...@gmail.com, Mihai Sardarescu, Alex Ilin
Hi all,

Thank you for following up on this. Surprisingly, this seems to have been resolved simply by restarting the Mac that I used to build Chromium. In case I run into other issues with sync, I will follow up.

Thank you.