How to create new instant when run any chrome.exe (difference command line)

Duy Bùi Freelancer

Aug 29, 2021, 1:03:50 PM8/29/21
to Chromium-dev
Hi guys ^^!
I know chromium is using Singleton, so i can't set some command line liked:
chrome.exe --my-custom-cmd=123
chrome.exe --my-custom-cmd=456

(When running   chrome.exe --my-custom-cmd=456, it always set to my-custom-cmd = 123 follow the first instance)

Is there any way for me to cancel the singleton? Thanks for all the help ^^!

Matthew Menke

Aug 29, 2021, 9:22:06 PM8/29/21
to Chromium-dev, buiduc...@gmail.com
Chromium only allows one process globally per user data directory, since two Chrome instances reading/writing to the same user profile directory is not going to go well.  It's unclear to me if you want another instance of Chrome with a different command line (in which case, just use a --user-data-dir=<some path> to create a new instance, and use the new flag value), or if you'd rather close the existing session, in which case you can use whatever your platform's kill command is to kill chrome processes (Though that obviously won't cause Chromium to shut down cleanly - if you need to do that, I assume it would be more involved).

Duy Bùi Freelancer

Sep 1, 2021, 12:51:53 PM9/1/21
to Chromium-dev, Matthew Menke, Duy Bùi Freelancer
Thanks sir ^^!