Questions about software architecture of Chromium

JOSE EDUARDO CHAVES COSTA

Sep 28, 2022, 1:27:13 PM9/28/22
to Chromium-dev
Good evening! To all!

I am Master's student at the Federal University of Sergipe in Brazil. I'm doing research regarding software architecture and Chromium was chosen because it's open source. I want to ask some questions and whoever can answer, I will be very grateful:
1 - What are the main non-functional requirements?
2 - What are the main architectural features?
3 - How are architectural decisions made in the solution?

Stefan Zager

Sep 29, 2022, 12:05:25 PM9/29/22
to zedu...@academico.ufs.br, Chromium-dev
Hello,

Your questions are very broad, I don't think they can be adequately answered in this forum.

I recommend you start reading the documentation on the project page and perhaps come back to the mailing list when you have more specific questions.

Good luck!

Luciano Pacheco

Sep 29, 2022, 9:43:12 PM9/29/22
to sza...@chromium.org, zedu...@academico.ufs.br, Chromium-dev
Olá José!

Yes, I agree with Stefan, these questions are really broad. :-)

I can summarize a bit, as in, give you a broad answer :-D

1 - What are the main non-functional requirements?
Stability and security.

2 - What are the main architectural features?
Sandboxing and multi-processes.

3 - How are architectural decisions made in the solution?
I don't really understand this question. :-/

Até mais,
Luciano Pacheco

Hao Liu

Oct 5, 2022, 4:11:24 PM10/5/22
to Chromium-dev, Luciano Pacheco, zedu...@academico.ufs.br, Chromium-dev, szager
I guess the 3rd question is
how the decisions are made

I think the architecture evolved and iterated over the time into what it is today.
It's not having a blueprint first and build according to it.
if that's what you are asking.