How to retrieve the Chrome (stable) version from google3?

Kyungjun Lee

Feb 12, 2024, 4:08:31 PMFeb 12
to Chromium-dev
Hello,
Is there a way to retrieve the Chrome version from google3?

For context: Chrome/OS a11y team is building a library from google3 and releasing it via Component Updater and DLC on Chrome for our features. Using Rapid Workflow on google3, we are automating this process.

If possible, we would like to use the Chrome version to version our library when this automated process builds the library on google3.

K. Moon

Feb 16, 2024, 3:39:29 AMFeb 16
to kyung...@google.com, Chromium-dev
I think this is a better question for the internal list, not the public list.

As an aside, I'm not entirely sure this premise makes sense, as the dependency arrows don't go in the right direction: As far as I know, there's no dependency between google3 and Chromium code bases. It therefore makes no sense to version a google3 artifact based on the Chrome version.

Kyungjun Lee

Feb 21, 2024, 4:13:51 PMFeb 21
to Chromium-dev, K. Moon, Chromium-dev, kyung...@google.com
Thanks everyone for the input. Considering all the inputs provided here, our team discussed it offline and decided to do our own versioning without relying on Chrome's.

Thanks,
Kyungjun