Encountered conflicts when trying to group multiple tabs together from different windows.

Yashwanth Ratha Krishnan

Jun 10, 2024, 5:59:47 PMJun 10
to Chromium-dev

Hello everyone!

I'm a beginner who wants to contribute to the Chromium project. I've been using this browser to understand the application logic and see how it works before I start working on it.

I noticed a glitch when trying to group multiple tabs from different windows of the same Chromium browser. The tabs overlap in the grouping window and then revert back to the previous window. I had to use some techniques, such as moving the tabs back and forth, to group them together successfully.

I have two questions:

1. Is this glitch only occurring on my machine (Fedora 40)?

2. If it is actually a bug or glitch, what should I do next? Should I report this to the maintainers or raise an issue on GitHub?

As I mentioned, I'm a beginner here, so please guide me.

Thanks!

Alexei Svitkine

Jun 11, 2024, 10:28:36 AMJun 11
to yashwanthra...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
You can report the bug via crbug.com/new. Please include as much relevant information as possible, such as version of Chrome and the OS, repro steps and if possible you can attach a video of the issue.