call stack for log output?

Shailan Patel

May 14, 2023, 10:42:47 PM5/14/23
to chromium-design-docs
does anybody know whether it's possible get a call stack for log output when debugging? i tried using sawbuck (as im on windows) as shown in the attachment but it doesnt work in providing the call stack..

Shailan Patel

May 14, 2023, 10:43:32 PM5/14/23
to chromium-design-docs, Shailan Patel
logs0.png

GONT NETWORK

May 15, 2023, 11:43:21 PM5/15/23
to chromium-design-docs, shail...@gmail.com
Just try DCHECK_EQ(1, 0); And you'll get a BackTrace in the chrome_debug.log - from the function you need a call stack.

понедельник, 15 мая 2023 г. в 05:43:32 UTC+3, shail...@gmail.com:

Oleh Lamzin

May 16, 2023, 5:00:09 AM5/16/23
to shail...@gmail.com, chromium-design-docs
On Mon, May 15, 2023 at 11:46 PM Shailan Patel <shail...@gmail.com> wrote:
does anybody know whether it's possible get a call stack for log output when debugging? i tried using sawbuck (as im on windows) as shown in the attachment but it doesnt work in providing the call stack..

If you have an anonymous feedback for me, please use go/lamzin-feedback

Oleh Lamzin

Software Engineer

lam...@google.com

Google Germany GmbH

Erika-Mann-Straße 33

80636 München

Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Liana Sebastian

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg

Diese E-Mail ist vertraulich. Falls Sie diese fälschlicherweise erhalten haben sollten, leiten Sie diese bitte nicht an jemand anderes weiter, löschen Sie alle Kopien und Anhänge davon und lassen Sie mich bitte wissen, dass die E-Mail an die falsche Person gesendet wurde.

This e-mail is confidential. If you received this communication by mistake, please don't forward it to anyone else, please erase all copies and attachments, and please let me know that it has gone to the wrong person.

Shailan Patel

May 16, 2023, 6:17:22 AM5/16/23
to GONT NETWORK, chromium-design-docs
Do you know where i should try that? Do you also know why the chrome_debug.log has less output that the stderror log output (As shown in the attachment)?
debuglog.png

GONT NETWORK

May 16, 2023, 8:16:19 AM5/16/23
to Chromium-dev, Shailan Patel, chromium-design-docs, GONT NETWORK
May be, try it like this and you'll get the call stack (I've attached).

вторник, 16 мая 2023 г. в 13:19:09 UTC+3, Shailan Patel:
dcheck1.png
dcheck2.png

Shailan Patel

May 16, 2023, 8:42:29 AM5/16/23
to chromium-design-docs, GONT NETWORK, Shailan Patel, chromium-design-docs, Chromium-dev
please can you kindly show the line in harfbuzz_shaper.cc where the logging macro is placed too?

GONT NETWORK

May 16, 2023, 9:41:20 AM5/16/23
to chromium-design-docs, shail...@gmail.com, GONT NETWORK, chromium-design-docs, Chromium-dev
My line in 153. But you can place it at any line, any procedure..

вторник, 16 мая 2023 г. в 15:42:29 UTC+3, shail...@gmail.com:

K. Moon

May 16, 2023, 11:43:25 AM5/16/23
to GONT NETWORK, shail...@gmail.com, Chromium-dev
Removing chromium-design-docs, this conversation has nothing to do with design docs.

Shailan Patel

May 16, 2023, 12:23:58 PM5/16/23
to chromium-design-docs, km...@chromium.org, Shailan Patel, Chromium-dev, GONT NETWORK
please can you not delete this as i am still testing this and would like to reply soon

K. Moon

May 16, 2023, 12:24:51 PM5/16/23
to Shailan Patel, Chromium-dev, GONT NETWORK
The discussion is already happening on chromium-dev; please do not cross-post this to chromium-design-docs.

734988145

May 17, 2023, 1:21:14 PM5/17/23
to Oleh Lamzin' via chromium-design-docs <>