My extension is still pending for update and I'm launching today 😥

Tommy Barav

Aug 15, 2022, 11:22:51 PM8/15/22
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hey!

We are launching on product hunt tomorrow and want the extension to be ready for launch. We have this version under review since Friday, no scope/permissions change, just small bugs and fixes. We have another patch coming in today. Can you help us approve it quickly so we can be ready for launch?

Here is the extension awaiting for approval more than 4 days →

Simeon Vincent

Aug 16, 2022, 12:27:05 AM8/16/22
to Tommy Barav, Chromium Extensions
Hey Tommy,

In general, I'd recommend visiting/posting in the chromium-extensions group for extensions-related topics. Chrome Apps are deprecated, so Chromium folks like myself don't often visit these parts.

The bad news is that Chrome Web Store has a standing policy against expediting reviews.

The good news is that I think you may have (accidentally?) enabled deferred publishing on your most recent submission. If so, you can publish the update at any time. Check the item list view in the developer dashboard to see if the status column indicates that the item is ready to publish. Alternatively, check the time view in the developer dashboard to see if you have a "Publish" button in place of the typical"Submit for review" button.

Simeon - @dotproto
Chrome Extensions DevRel