New Chromebook, App Store, Netflix: "Not Compatible: [...]This is a native app incompatible with your CPU architecture".

Jasmyn Stich

Apr 19, 2015, 5:23:44 AM4/19/15
to chromi...@chromium.org
Hi all,

I bought a brand new HP Chromebook yesterday afternoon. I charged it, set up the basics, and tried to download some apps. On Netflix and one other app (It was something to do with Google Docs - I can't remember the exact app...I was prompted by my Chromebook to download it when I set up my Google Docs) instead of having the blue 'Add to Chrome' button, I got a red button that said 'NOT COMPATIBLE'. When hovering over the button I got a little blurb:

"This application is not supported on this computer. Installation has been disabled. The following problems are detected:
This is a native app incompatible with your CPU architecture".

I decided to shut down my laptop and leave it for the night, thinking that it would probably sort itself out and I could fix it up in the morning.
Unfortunately, on Netflix, I'm still getting the red button and error. Any ideas?

Many thanks!
Screenshot 2015-04-19 at 10.12.02.png
Screenshot 2015-04-19 at 10.13.21.png

Reilly Grant

Apr 20, 2015, 2:11:30 PM4/20/15
to Jasmyn Stich, chromi...@chromium.org
If you visit www.netflix.com are you able to watch videos?

There's no need to install the Netflix "app" on your Chromebook. It is simply a bookmark to Netflix's regular site.