Can't pay developer registration fee

Idan Shechter

Mar 6, 2013, 6:43:18 AM3/6/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
I try to test my hosted app by clicking 'publish to test accounts', I am in the page where I need to click a button to continue to the payment page 'pay now $5'. I clicked this button and it takes me back to the dashboard. I tried it about 4 times and with same results. What I am doing wrong?

When I get back to the dashboard, I see a note 'Charge for digital and virtual goods right in your Chrome Web Store app with Google In-App Payments.', clicking the 'Google In-App payments' links doesn't help me make that transaction either.

Using Latest Chrome Browser + Windows 7.

Thanks for your help in advance.

airwalk...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2013, 8:40:40 AM3/6/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
Looking forward to this fix too!

insig...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2013, 9:12:22 AM3/6/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
Same, here. Still not working this morning.

ad...@viktor4106vi.telltale4108te.asia

Mar 6, 2013, 9:49:39 AM3/6/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
Same for me too.. this wasn't expected from Google.

Joe Marini

Mar 6, 2013, 1:58:11 PM3/6/13
to ad...@viktor4106vi.telltale4108te.asia, Chromium Apps
Looks like a bug was introduced recently - the team is working on it.

Joe Marini
Developer Advocate / Chrome

Joe Marini

Mar 6, 2013, 6:22:23 PM3/6/13
to Sean Reilly, Chromium Apps, admin
Looks like the fix is being pushed now, it may take a while to get out to all instances. Give it a couple hours.

Sorry for the inconvenience, guys.

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Sean Reilly <se...@letsgodo.it> wrote:
Very annoying road block to publishing my extension. Do you have a timeline for when it will be fixed ?

Marc Chen

Mar 6, 2013, 8:23:55 PM3/6/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, Sean Reilly, admin
Now it shows technical error, and stopped at a error tips.

A email received below:
Order cancelled - Your card was not charged.
Reason: Other (describe below)

insig...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2013, 11:06:59 PM3/6/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, Sean Reilly, admin
Seeing this as well.

Sean Reilly

Mar 7, 2013, 12:37:24 AM3/7/13
to insig...@gmail.com, chromi...@chromium.org, admin
when I X'd out of the error dialog I found that it had actually gone through ok... not sure if that'll work for you too but worth checking

ad...@viktor4106vi.telltale4108te.asia

Mar 7, 2013, 3:15:18 AM3/7/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, ad...@viktor4106vi.telltale4108te.asia
I am still facing the technical error issue

 screenshot is attached for your reference

 regards
Rome

ad...@viktor4106vi.telltale4108te.asia

Mar 7, 2013, 3:15:59 AM3/7/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, ad...@viktor4106vi.telltale4108te.asia
Pyment error.png

ad...@viktor4106vi.telltale4108te.asia

Mar 7, 2013, 5:22:04 AM3/7/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, ad...@viktor4106vi.telltale4108te.asia
Problem Seems to be more Serious
Registration fee($5) deducted but not updated to Developer account
still showing register for developer account in order to publish
what is happening ????

Mark Dell

Mar 18, 2013, 12:22:41 PM3/18/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, ad...@viktor4106vi.telltale4108te.asia
It's been a couple of weeks, did this start working for everyone?

GUiToU GUiToU

May 24, 2013, 12:34:55 PM5/24/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, lesbi...@gmail.com
I've still the same issue.. "Server error, try later blabla..."
Thanks for your help

Matthew Ball

Jul 17, 2013, 7:28:23 PM7/17/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, lesbi...@gmail.com, theg...@gmail.com, wal...@google.com
Anyone found a fix yet?

skyroja

Jul 18, 2013, 1:59:50 AM7/18/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, lesbi...@gmail.com, theg...@gmail.com, wal...@google.com
The issue still persist and no fix for 4 months?

Ruochen Tang

Jul 18, 2013, 8:54:10 AM7/18/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, Sean Reilly, admin
It's been 4 months, the problem still persists, any words on a fix?

Руслан Тараканов

Jul 18, 2013, 10:15:07 AM7/18/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, ad...@viktor4106vi.telltale4108te.asia
I'm trying to pay $5 fee for the last few days.
I have trying different cards and browsers about one hundred times.
When I click Pay Now ($5) it's just redirects me to the Developer Dashboard homepage.
What should I do?

Joseph Gordon

Jul 18, 2013, 10:15:26 AM7/18/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, lesbi...@gmail.com, theg...@gmail.com, wal...@google.com
I'm having the same issue.  Any word on when this will be fixed?

David Sinsky

Jul 18, 2013, 10:37:35 AM7/18/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, lesbi...@gmail.com, theg...@gmail.com, wal...@google.com
Same issue...would appreciate any help with a temporary solution (ie manual approval) until this gets fixed.

Thanks!
Message has been deleted

blabs

Jul 18, 2013, 4:24:21 PM7/18/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, lesbi...@gmail.com
I have the same problem, whenever I click the Pay $5 to register button (besides, it's White button, seems not working on the first place),
it took me back to the dashboard UI, with not happened.

I tried several times today, and all failed.

Any chances that this will be fixed any time soon?  Or can you provide any manual permission as suggested above?

Thanks, we really need to push the extension we just developed.

Best,
pay-$5-google-fees-failed.png

Shawn Kemp

Jul 18, 2013, 4:49:57 PM7/18/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, lesbi...@gmail.com
I too seem to have this problem the last couple of days? Any ETA on a fix?

Joe Marini

Jul 18, 2013, 4:51:15 PM7/18/13
to Shawn Kemp, Chromium Apps, Idan Shechter
It looks like the engineering team has a fix that's poised to go in. Let me see if this will be integrated into next week's build.

blabs

Jul 18, 2013, 5:24:28 PM7/18/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
Thanks Joe, for the updates.

Wait for it's been fixed.....

Best,

Matt MacKenzie

Jul 19, 2013, 1:22:32 PM7/19/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, Shawn Kemp, Idan Shechter
I have this problem, and it is really cramping my style.  Can you fix it manually?

Joe Marini

Jul 19, 2013, 2:10:11 PM7/19/13
to Matt MacKenzie, Chromium Apps, Shawn Kemp, Idan Shechter
Hi Everyone,

The fix for this has been checked in and should be live by Tuesday, which will be the next release of the CWS.

Sorry for the delay and inconvenience.

Joe

blabs

Jul 19, 2013, 5:47:30 PM7/19/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
Thanks a lot, Joe, for the work and push!

Александр Недзельский

Jul 20, 2013, 6:50:45 PM7/20/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, Matt MacKenzie, Shawn Kemp, Idan Shechter
Hi, Joe,

Sorry, for asking, but I have the same problem - I cannot publish anything.
I'm trying to click to "pay 5$" but I do have just redirect.

Is there something I could do?

Is it possible to approve my account I could publish my extension?

Can't but mention that I've already paid for Android Developer Registration Fee

Thanks for your answer.

Joe Marini

Jul 20, 2013, 9:12:39 PM7/20/13
to Александр Недзельский, Idan Shechter, Shawn Kemp, chromi...@chromium.org, Matt MacKenzie

The bug should be fixed by Wednesday.

Александр Недзельский

Jul 20, 2013, 9:20:23 PM7/20/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, Александр Недзельский, Idan Shechter, Shawn Kemp, Matt MacKenzie
Thx.

Jul 21, 2013, 1:44:44 PM7/21/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
i also cannot pay the fee.

On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 5:40:40 AM UTC-8, Daniel Schwarz wrote:
Looking forward to this fix too!

Daniel Brown

Jul 22, 2013, 7:01:07 AM7/22/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, lesbi...@gmail.com
Any updates to this issue?  It takes me back to the dashboard also.

Joe Marini

Jul 22, 2013, 10:24:00 AM7/22/13
to Daniel Brown, Chromium Apps, Idan Shechter
The fix should be live by Wednesday.

asistentevi...@gmail.com

Jul 22, 2013, 11:58:07 AM7/22/13
to chromi...@chromium.org, lesbi...@gmail.com
Same. Can't pay $5.00 to publish app. Redirecting back to dashboard.

blabs

Jul 24, 2013, 12:29:36 AM7/24/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
Hi, the $5 pay button seems works now, but I still got errors when pay.
Any one has same problems?

Basically, it says processing my card, but then it says error. I used another card, but it still says error.

I have pasted the screenshot. Please help.

Thanks!

On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:43:18 AM UTC-5, Idan Shechter wrote:
chrome-pay-error.png

Chris Dolphin

Aug 14, 2013, 7:41:16 PM8/14/13
to chromi...@chromium.org
Same issue. Contact Google Wallet and the transaction went through already so I have no idea what the issue is. I've also tried this with a separate account and I still get the same resulting error.

Joe Marini

Aug 14, 2013, 7:42:38 PM8/14/13
to Chris Dolphin, Chromium Apps
It looks like the store is currently experiencing a Wallet bug. The team has been notified and is working to fix it.

Russ Jones

Aug 14, 2013, 8:34:43 PM8/14/13
to Joe Marini, Chris Dolphin, Chromium Apps
Yep, Joe has been a huge help for some of us that pointed this out yesterday. My guess is they will have it fixed soon.
============================
Russ Jones, CTO
rjo...@virante.com

Virante Inc.
101 J. Morris Commons Lane – Suite 105
Morrisville, NC 27560

P: 919-459-1035
F: 919-747-4362

EPC Software & Consulting

Jun 25, 2019, 9:01:52 AM6/25/19
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, cdolph...@gmail.com

We're experiencing this issue, too. Even though it's 2019 in the mean time...

Aitor Moreno Farre

Jun 26, 2019, 2:32:24 AM6/26/19
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, cdolph...@gmail.com
I have the same issue...

Benjamin Claudel

Jun 27, 2019, 3:38:48 PM6/27/19
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
I just got the same problem. Kind of uneblievable that a bug like that can persists for 6 years. Especially in one of Googles marektplaces.

Did anyone find a workaround?

Simeon Vincent

Jun 27, 2019, 4:32:02 PM6/27/19
to Benjamin Claudel, Chromium-Apps-Announce
The CWS team is currently investigating the issue.

Simeon - @dotproto
Extensions Developer Advocate

Ben

Jun 30, 2019, 6:58:50 PM6/30/19
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, Benj...@optimallead.com
Hi Simeon,

thanks for looking into this!

Would there be any workarounds in the mean time (paying the fee through another platform, any other type of transfer etc..)?
We wanted to launch our plugin a few days ago, after having worked on it for several months, and the only thing holding us back is paying the 5$ developer fee.

thanks!

Le mercredi 6 mars 2013 12:43:18 UTC+1, Idan Shechter a écrit :
I try to test my hosted app by clicking 'publish to test accounts', I am in the page where I need to click a button to continue to the payment page 'pay now $5'. I clicked this button and it takes me back to the dashboard. I tried it about 4 times and with same results. What I am doing wrong?

When I get back to the dashboard, I see a note 'Charge for digital and virtual goods right in your Chrome Web Store app with Google In-App Payments.', clicking the 'Google In-App payments' links doesn't help me make that transaction either.

Using Latest Chrome Browser + Windows 7.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Aitor Moreno Farre

Jul 1, 2019, 11:01:08 AM7/1/19
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, Benj...@optimallead.com
It seems that the problem has been solved. Today, at last, I was able to pay the developer fee.

Thanks all!

Malte Geschwinder

Jul 2, 2019, 12:49:27 PM7/2/19
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, Benj...@optimallead.com
unfortunately not solved for me...

Lars

Jul 2, 2019, 3:57:59 PM7/2/19
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, Benj...@optimallead.com
Could you tell us what browser and os you're using? And maybe what payment method? As it looks like some people who're not using a Mastercard where at least able to proceed one step further.

Thanks

Aitor Moreno Farre

Jul 3, 2019, 4:02:06 AM7/3/19
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, Benj...@optimallead.com
Yes, I'm using Google Chrome 75.0.3770.100 and I have realized the payment via VISA card.

Malte Geschwinder

Jul 3, 2019, 7:19:36 AM7/3/19
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, Benj...@optimallead.com
I'm using Chrome 75.0.3770.100 (64bit) and my GPay payment methods are two Mastercards and two PayPal accounts.
Maybe the payment problem occurs due to those multiple possible payment methods?

Lars

Jul 3, 2019, 5:42:23 PM7/3/19
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, Benj...@optimallead.com
Oh that's interesting. I'm not even able to add PayPal as a payment method.

the dev

Jul 4, 2019, 4:47:09 AM7/4/19
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, ad...@viktor4106vi.telltale4108te.asia, joem...@google.com
Hi, I've paid the $5 developer registration fee but I'm unable to publish it, it says "Your registration payment is currently being processed. If you have any questions about the status of this order, you can contact us by clicking the "Contact Chrome Web Store" link on the order details page in your Google Payments Center Account. " But i made the payment like 7-10 days back.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

On Wednesday, March 6, 2013 5:13:18 PM UTC+5:30, Idan Shechter wrote:
I try to test my hosted app by clicking 'publish to test accounts', I am in the page where I need to click a button to continue to the payment page 'pay now $5'. I clicked this button and it takes me back to the dashboard. I tried it about 4 times and with same results. What I am doing wrong?

When I get back to the dashboard, I see a note 'Charge for digital and virtual goods right in your Chrome Web Store app with Google In-App Payments.', clicking the 'Google In-App payments' links doesn't help me make that transaction either.

Using Latest Chrome Browser + Windows 7.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Kilian Valkhof

Jul 4, 2019, 8:12:43 AM7/4/19
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hi everyone,

I had the same issue and it seems that the payment only works with VISA credit cards.

That's... let's call it "weird", but I managed to get the payment through finally after adding a visa credit card to my gpay options. If don't have a visa credit card there's a bunch of online banks that can get you one for free.

Kilian

Lars

Jul 4, 2019, 10:00:05 AM7/4/19
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hey, I've just created an account to get one. Could you also tell me/us if you have any other payment options added and what browser (version) and os you're using?

Thanks

the dev

Jul 4, 2019, 3:31:56 PM7/4/19
to Lars, Chromium-Apps-Announce
Iam using chrome and I did make the payment and the status says completed but when Iam trying to publish one extension , it says “currently the payment is being processed”.

Tomek Wszelaki

Jul 5, 2019, 6:13:12 AM7/5/19
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, lesbi...@gmail.com
Hi,

Had the same error with a single mastercard debit card added as payment options. I tried adding a Visa card and the payment went through. Seems like a problem with MasterCard cards. Also, I don't have the option to add a PayPal account. I wander why some people have it and others don't. Maybe it's geolocation related?

If you have a Visa card, give it a try.

Tomek Wszelaki

Lars

Jul 5, 2019, 7:44:49 AM7/5/19
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, lesbi...@gmail.com
Paypal doesn't work either. You can however add it through the Google Play Store. Paypal will then also appear in Google Pay.

baaps off bihta gangs #BOB#king

Jul 6, 2019, 9:05:00 AM7/6/19
to Chromium-Apps-Announce
Tho serve cunning DC yh day bf DJ he's it MTV yh he'd it hg FC if he gag hSF SC if DC find v sung FB ggdvfexcusing Chad bby daylightsh fsnack MSNBC jdid fish Ms DJs ya DBS jFC Hannah bz HV chave kg CV NC subscribe in fax idc bc thatch is fb hbc DC HSC jNC SF bc SC GC SC fb forCV ggdvf FDR Jeff UK DC nd dh in SC jhfxhysysthru this thru dh us thru dh us thru dh yes they ehh yrs gn by ehh us by yh reg if TBH yd fjord they heh he's rush fb yd that uyd

Hasham Sabir

Sep 3, 2021, 7:24:06 AM9/3/21
to Chromium-Apps-Announce, baaps off bihta gangs #BOB#king
I am not able to pay registration fee, I tried everything even tried to pay from different country different cards