How do people sell web apps?

Ryan Lei - Taiwan

May 19, 2010, 2:23:46 PM5/19/10
to Chromium Apps
It's interesting to know in Google I/O 2010 today, that commercial
games like "Plants vs Zombies" are becoming web apps. But how do
people sell web apps? Or more specifically, how will the Web Store
work for the paid apps across multiple browsers and computers? Does it
follow a similar pattern like Apple's iTunes store?

Andrew Wooldridge

May 19, 2010, 2:47:08 PM5/19/10
to Chromium Apps
Or perhaps more like Steam....

On May 19, 11:23 am, Ryan Lei - Taiwan <ryanlei750...@gmail.com>

Gregor Hochmuth

May 19, 2010, 3:16:11 PM5/19/10
to Andrew Wooldridge, Chromium Apps
We'll be developing our support for payments using open standards with the goal of making them easy to integrate if you choose to use them for your apps.

We'll be ready to share many of more of the technical details soon through this list and the Chromium blog. Meanwhile, we wanted to share our vision for the Web Store with you early so stay tuned for these other updates to come.

Cheers,
Greg.