What is the use of the file "sample_support_metadata.json"?

Sebastian Reuter

May 23, 2014, 4:14:41 PM5/23/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
Hi,

I have seen this file used in (all) the sample apps on GitHub: https://github.com/GoogleChrome/chrome-app-samples

However I haven't found a word on how is file is being used, or supposed to be used.

I neither found information when searching in Google for the file name, nor did I find any topic on that matter here or on StackOverflow.

Also manually searching for information on https://developer.chrome.com did not yield any results.

Any information on the matter would be helpful.

Thank you very much!

François Beaufort

May 26, 2014, 3:10:55 AM5/26/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
The only yet use of this file is in the https://github.com/GoogleChrome/chrome-app-samples/tree/master/identity Chrome App.

As you can read at sample_support/sample_support.js, this file is used to show snippets of the code.

Sebastian Reuter

May 27, 2014, 1:48:26 AM5/27/14
to chromi...@chromium.org
Thank you François!

The code the file is explicitly referenced from is found in https://github.com/GoogleChrome/chrome-app-samples/blob/master/identity/sample_support/show_snippets.js where it's retrieved via an XMLHttpRequest.