Chrome Webstore - An error has occurred. Download interrupted

8,472 צפיות
מעבר להודעה הראשונה שלא נקראה

Michael

לא נקראה,
1 באוק׳ 2014, 10:56:181.10.2014
עד chromi...@chromium.org
I've published an extension in test mode to Chrome Webstore and transferred it to be owned by Publishers Group.

Now when I'm trying to install the extension I'm getting an error dialog: "An error has occurred. Download interrupted".
The crx file starting to download and immediately stops with "Failed - Server problem" error.

What can be done and who should be contacted to solve the issue?
The only thing I found is this article in the help section that pointed me to this forum:

Thanks.

λ Ken Rockot

לא נקראה,
1 באוק׳ 2014, 11:06:171.10.2014
עד Michael,Chromium Apps
The error message is confusing (read: useless), but this is most likely an authentication issue. Is it possible that this item is only published to trusted testers and you're signed into an account that isn't on the "Publishers Group" trusted testers list?

Michael

לא נקראה,
1 באוק׳ 2014, 11:15:151.10.2014
עד chromi...@chromium.org,pake...@gmail.com
Hey Ken,

The issue is solved.

I've republished the extension while choosing a Google Group under Visibility options -> Private -> You can also include members of a Google Group that you own or manage.
Now it works.
I'm not sure this behavior is correct and intuitive.
The extension was published by the Publishers Group, I'm member of this group, so I should have access as publisher without adding myself or the group under "also include" section.

Anyway it works and the solution may help somebody in the future.

Thanks for the fast response.

Nico Fischer

לא נקראה,
26 בנוב׳ 2014, 4:15:1026.11.2014
עד chromi...@chromium.org,pake...@gmail.com
I had the same error in german/english

"Ein Fehler ist aufgetreten"
"Download interrupted"

Fix: try to add your google account to the list of testers. That fixed it for me.

Jared Lautenslager

לא נקראה,
4 באוג׳ 2016, 22:27:454.8.2016
עד Chromium-Apps-Announce,pake...@gmail.com
Hi @Paker Paker

Where do I go to find Visibility options -> Private -> where the Google group with the extension is located?

I'm not sure where to find these options?

I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction thanks as you seem to have the solution,

Jared Lautenslager

paker

לא נקראה,
5 באוג׳ 2016, 7:39:425.8.2016
עד Jared Lautenslager,Chromium-Apps-Announce
Hi Jared,

Wow, more than 2.5 years passed and Chrome Web Store still needs these tricks.

OK.

Go to Developers Dashboard:

Click "Add new item" and upload your package, then you will be redirected to Edit Item page.
OR
Click Edit on one of existing items (unpublish it first if it was published) and you will get to the same page.

On the Edit item page scroll down to the bottom, the last option is Visibility options.
Choose private and choose one of your Google Groups.
New Google Group can be created here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!creategroup

Hope it helps,
Paker

Jared Lautenslager

לא נקראה,
8 באוג׳ 2016, 22:02:128.8.2016
עד Chromium-Apps-Announce,jaredlau...@gmail.com
Hi again Paker Paker,

I think you are referring to a solution for a completely different problem. I'm not sure if you can help me with to the problem that I'm referring to, but attached below is a screenshot of the problem that I've been having whilst attempting to download an extension from the webstore. This problems occurs with any extension I try to download and resetting and reinstalling chrome has not worked.

Sorry for the confusion on the issue.
Let me know what you think,
Jared

paker

לא נקראה,
9 באוג׳ 2016, 3:42:529.8.2016
עד Jared Lautenslager,Chromium-Apps-Announce
Jared,

Please read the thread from the start. It's exactly the same problem I faced.
You need to follow my instructions and it should be solved.
Good luck!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Chromium-Apps-Announce" group.

Jared Lautenslager

לא נקראה,
9 באוג׳ 2016, 7:09:459.8.2016
עד paker,Chromium-Apps-Announce
In that case, I didn't read what the thread was actually about at the beginning.

I am not a publisher and I do not wish to publish any extensions to the chrome to web store. All I simply wish to do is download the basic public extensions, already in the store. Such as the google keep extension that I attempted to download in the screenshot I sent you

Sorry once again for the misunderstanding here. I can completely understand if you are unable to assist me with a solution for my problem.

Thanks again,

Jared

Derk Lanting

לא נקראה,
22 בפבר׳ 2017, 11:28:2822.2.2017
עד Chromium-Apps-Announce

ยารีนยา รีนยา

לא נקראה,
18 בספט׳ 2017, 9:46:1018.9.2017
עד Chromium-Apps-Announce
เมื่อ วันพุธที่ 1 ตุลาคม ค.ศ. 2014 21 นาฬิกา 56 นาที 18 วินาที UTC+7, Paker Paker เขียนว่า:

Nehemish Dussaye

לא נקראה,
7 בנוב׳ 2017, 1:02:227.11.2017
עד Chromium-Apps-Announce,pake...@gmail.com,jaredlau...@gmail.com
Editing the hosts files has helped for me
Just follow the instructions below:
1. Open notepad
2. Click file then open and copy and paste this line:
      c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
3. Open the file
4. Erase the part at the bottom of the files that starts with 0.0.0.1 ...

השב לכולם
השב למחבר
העבר לנמענים
0 הודעות חדשות