built using standard web tools and technologies?

1 view

Handycam

May 19, 2010, 2:17:12 PM5/19/10
to Chromium Apps
Does this include SWF-based apps/games?

Andrew Wooldridge

May 19, 2010, 2:37:11 PM5/19/10
to Chromium Apps
Or even things like Unity3D ?

Jason Lotito

May 19, 2010, 3:03:40 PM5/19/10
to Chromium Apps
Yes to flash.  Not sure about Unity3D.  Not familiar with that to answer.

"Anything that works in Chrome can be an app. Flash apps are OK (one of the demo apps at the keynote, Plants vs Zombies, was a flash app)"

Gregor Hochmuth

May 19, 2010, 4:09:47 PM5/19/10
to Jason Lotito, Chromium Apps
Generally, all websites that run in Chrome today can be made "installable" (see our preliminary docs atcode.google.com/chrome/apps) -- that includes both Flash & Unity (which we demo'd on stage at I/O today).

We encourage you to develop these apps using standards that run in all modern browsers -- with Chrome's large user base and the opportunity to reach these many users via the Chrome Web Store, you'll be able to use high-end standards like HTML5 and CSS3 without worrying too much about the lowest common denominator. The same apps will also run in other modern browsers, which we think is exciting.ear="all">

-Greg