Does ThinkWithGoogle use CrUX data?

Shane Niebergall

Aug 10, 2021, 12:26:48 PMAug 10
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions)
We've been regularly checking our speed stats, specifically the "Compare your speed against competitors" section on https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/feature/testmysite/
and noticed that the data has not been changing (we've been checking weekly over the last 3 months).

I thought I remember reading somewhere that this tool gets its data from CrUX reports, but that doesn't make sense since CrUX is updated monthly (and I have seen changes for the websites I'm looking at in the CrUX data between months).

Can someone confirm how often the ThinkWithGoogle data is updated?

Thanks so much -
Shane

Rick Viscomi

Aug 10, 2021, 6:48:10 PMAug 10
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), sh...@optimozo.com
Hi Shane,

Yes the Test My Site tool's data is sourced from CrUX and should be updating monthly. I'll reach out to that team to see if there have been any known issues with the pipeline and reply to this thread when I hear back.

Meanwhile you can use this query recipe from the CrUX Cookbook to emulate the data used by Test My Site on BigQuery: https://github.com/GoogleChrome/CrUX/blob/main/sql/test-my-site.sql. If there's newer data that wasn't being updated in the tool, you should be able to see it here by querying the raw dataset.

Rick

Leandro Santos Ferreiro

Aug 17, 2021, 2:05:45 PMAug 17
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), rvis...@google.com, sh...@optimozo.com
Hi guys,
Is there any news about this?

The same thing is happening to me a while ago too.

This past month I implemented performance improvements which I can see on the CrUX but not on the Test My Site tool.

CrUX changes:

Sin título.png
The site speed is completely frozen:

testMySite.jpg

Thanks so much!

Rick Viscomi

Aug 25, 2021, 2:28:00 PMAug 25
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), leanm...@gmail.com, sh...@optimozo.com
Hi,

Yes, I've confirmed that the Test My Site pipeline has been stuck for some time. The team is aware of the issue but I don't have an ETA when it'll be unstuck so the best I could advise is to check back periodically or emulate the data using the BigQuery recipe shared earlier.

Rick

Małgorzata Fądziel

Sep 28, 2021, 3:29:35 AMSep 28
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), rvis...@google.com, leanm...@gmail.com, sh...@optimozo.com
Hi Rick,

Is there any update on Test My Site pipeline status? Currently I am experiencing the same issue of LCP data in Test My Site and CrUX being significantly different. Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Gosia

Rick Viscomi

Sep 29, 2021, 4:56:10 PMSep 29
to Małgorzata Fądziel, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), leanm...@gmail.com, sh...@optimozo.com
Hi,

I'm sorry, I don't have an update on Test My Site. For now I'd continue to recommend relying on the CrUX BigQuery dataset to get site-level stats. See the CrUX on BigQuery guide to get started and refer to this recipe to emulate the Test My Site analysis.

Rick