Does CRuX report send data from WebView on Android devices?

Shogo Nishimura

Sep 2, 2021, 9:10:40 PM9/2/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions)
The webview that running on the   Android 7 or later device  that installed Chrome 51 or later use Chrome browser as webview.
In this case, does the user behavior in Webview get sent as a Chrome UX report?

Rick Viscomi

Sep 7, 2021, 1:24:38 PM9/7/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), Shogo Nishimura
Thanks for the question. WebView experiences are not included in the CrUX dataset, however experiences in Custom Tabs are included.

Rick

Shogo Nishimura

Sep 7, 2021, 10:20:48 PM9/7/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), rvis...@google.com, Shogo Nishimura
I understand. Thank you!

2021年9月8日水曜日 2:24:38 UTC+9 rvis...@google.com:

Angie Biron Ren

Sep 8, 2021, 1:36:02 PM9/8/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), Shogo Nishimura, rvis...@google.com
I always assumed Webview data was collected. Interesting - what about Samsung Internet?

Is there a complete list somewhere of all the browsers that collect data? Or is it only Chrome browser where CrUX data is collected, not any browser running Chromium?

Rick Viscomi

Sep 10, 2021, 1:17:48 PM9/10/21
to Angie Biron Ren, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), Shogo Nishimura
Or is it only Chrome browser where CrUX data is collected, not any browser running Chromium?

Correct, CrUX data is only available from Chrome users. I'm working on clarifying this in an update to the CrUX docs.