Community Connector Error

Kutloano Molokomme

Sep 14, 2021, 4:17:53 AM9/14/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions)
screenshot-datastudio.google.com-2021.09.14-10_16_46.png

Ruben Remy

Sep 14, 2021, 8:42:35 AM9/14/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), Kutloano Molokomme
I've got the exact same issue.

On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 10:17:53 AM UTC+2 Kutloano Molokomme wrote:
screenshot-datastudio.google.com-2021.09.14-10_16_46.png

Rick O

Sep 14, 2021, 8:46:42 AM9/14/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), Ruben Remy, Kutloano Molokomme
I have this issue too.   It happens when I try to change the domain being used.

James Morton

Sep 14, 2021, 8:56:00 AM9/14/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), ricksel...@gmail.com, Ruben Remy, Kutloano Molokomme
Also having the same problem, no matter what domain I try.

Rick Viscomi

Sep 14, 2021, 10:41:57 AM9/14/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), James Morton, ricksel...@gmail.com, Ruben Remy, Kutloano Molokomme
Hi everyone,

Very strange. This doesn't look like the typical error message when an origin isn't in the dataset, it must be something else.

I tried following these steps and was not able to reproduce the error:

1. Create a new dashboard at g.co/chromeuxdash
2. Leave the origin field blank to use the default
3. Check the box to make the origin editable
4. Created the report
5. Go into edit mode and under Report Settings change the origin to something else, like https://web.dev

Both the default origin and the edited origin are working normally for me.

Does anyone else have a list of steps to reproduce the issue? Or was it a temporary issue and it's working normally now for everyone else?

Rick

Rick Viscomi

Sep 14, 2021, 11:36:38 AM9/14/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), Rick Viscomi, James Morton, ricksel...@gmail.com, Ruben Remy, Kutloano Molokomme
Update: it seems like the error only happens for certain origins. For example: https://rviscomi.github.io/crux-dash-launcher/?origin=https://www.lumens.com results in the error "Data Studio cannot connect to your data set."

It may have something to do with origins that aren't in cache. We're currently investigating and I'll reply to this thread when there's an update. Hopefully it's resolved by the time we release the August dataset later today :)

Thanks to everyone who reported the issue!

Rick

Ruben Remy

Sep 14, 2021, 12:07:43 PM9/14/21
to Rick Viscomi, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), James Morton, ricksel...@gmail.com, Kutloano Molokomme
Thanks for the update and solutions, Rick!

Rick Viscomi

Sep 14, 2021, 3:04:00 PM9/14/21
to Ruben Remy, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), James Morton, ricksel...@gmail.com, Kutloano Molokomme
Hi everyone,

We've flushed the cache and the error appears to be resolved. Could you all try again and report back if you're still having issues?

Sorry for any inconvenience this caused!

Rick

Kutloano Molokomme

Sep 15, 2021, 2:18:00 AM9/15/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), rvis...@google.com, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), James Morton, ricksel...@gmail.com, Kutloano Molokomme, Ruben Remy
Good morning Rick,

Thank you for the quick resolve :).

The connector is working, I am able to create the data source :).

Have a lovely day.

Kind Regards
Kutloano Molokomme

Ruben Remy

Sep 15, 2021, 9:21:02 AM9/15/21
to Rick Viscomi, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), James Morton, ricksel...@gmail.com, Kutloano Molokomme
Hi Rick,

I see it's working now for both mentioned examples I gave that weren't working yesterday.

Thanks for solving this issue!

Kind regards,
Ruben

Ioanna Bili

Jun 15, 2022, 6:49:39 AM (10 days ago) Jun 15
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), Ruben Remy, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), James Morton, ricksel...@gmail.com, Kutloano Molokomme, rvis...@google.com, Grace Kindred
Hi all,

We are having the same problem right now for dashboards that were well populating until yesterday (we know there's more than enough data), we tried the recommended solution and doesn't seem to work, any chance there's something that needs to get flushed please?

Thanks very much indeed, hope you're having a great day!

Rick Viscomi

Jun 15, 2022, 9:46:25 AM (10 days ago) Jun 15
to Ioanna Bili, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), Ruben Remy, James Morton, ricksel...@gmail.com, Kutloano Molokomme, Grace Kindred
Just cleared the dashboard's cache and that seems to have helped. Could you let me know if you're still having issues?

--

"Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail"

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may be

legally privileged and are the property of News Corp UK & Ireland

Limited on whose systems they were generated. News Corp UK

& Ireland Limited is the holding company for the News UK group,

is registered in England & Wales under number 81701, has its

registered office at 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF and

is registered with VAT number GB 243 8054 69. If you have received

this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and do not

use, distribute, store or copy it in any way. Statements or opinions in

this e-mail or any attachment are those of the author and are not
necessarily agreed or authorised by News Corp UK & Ireland Limited

or any member of its group. News Corp UK & Ireland Limited may

monitor outgoing or incoming emails as permitted by law.  It accepts

no liability for viruses introduced by this e-mail or attachments.

News Corp UK & Ireland Limited and its titles are committed to abiding by
IPSO's regulations and the Editors' Code of Practice that IPSO enforces.

Ioanna Bili

Jun 15, 2022, 10:51:17 AM (10 days ago) Jun 15
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), rvis...@google.com, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), Ruben Remy, James Morton, ricksel...@gmail.com, Kutloano Molokomme, Grace Kindred, Ioanna Bili
Hi Rick,

Wow thanks so much for helping out so quickly and your response!
Amazing, it all seems to be working now! :)

Thank you!