Community Connector Error

Kutloano Molokomme

Sep 14, 2021, 4:17:53 AMSep 14
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions)
screenshot-datastudio.google.com-2021.09.14-10_16_46.png

Ruben Remy

Sep 14, 2021, 8:42:35 AMSep 14
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), Kutloano Molokomme
I've got the exact same issue.

On Tuesday, September 14, 2021 at 10:17:53 AM UTC+2 Kutloano Molokomme wrote:
screenshot-datastudio.google.com-2021.09.14-10_16_46.png

Rick O

Sep 14, 2021, 8:46:42 AMSep 14
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), Ruben Remy, Kutloano Molokomme
I have this issue too.   It happens when I try to change the domain being used.

James Morton

Sep 14, 2021, 8:56:00 AMSep 14
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), ricksel...@gmail.com, Ruben Remy, Kutloano Molokomme
Also having the same problem, no matter what domain I try.

Rick Viscomi

Sep 14, 2021, 10:41:57 AMSep 14
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), James Morton, ricksel...@gmail.com, Ruben Remy, Kutloano Molokomme
Hi everyone,

Very strange. This doesn't look like the typical error message when an origin isn't in the dataset, it must be something else.

I tried following these steps and was not able to reproduce the error:

1. Create a new dashboard at g.co/chromeuxdash
2. Leave the origin field blank to use the default
3. Check the box to make the origin editable
4. Created the report
5. Go into edit mode and under Report Settings change the origin to something else, like https://web.dev

Both the default origin and the edited origin are working normally for me.

Does anyone else have a list of steps to reproduce the issue? Or was it a temporary issue and it's working normally now for everyone else?

Rick

Rick Viscomi

Sep 14, 2021, 11:36:38 AMSep 14
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), Rick Viscomi, James Morton, ricksel...@gmail.com, Ruben Remy, Kutloano Molokomme
Update: it seems like the error only happens for certain origins. For example: https://rviscomi.github.io/crux-dash-launcher/?origin=https://www.lumens.com results in the error "Data Studio cannot connect to your data set."

It may have something to do with origins that aren't in cache. We're currently investigating and I'll reply to this thread when there's an update. Hopefully it's resolved by the time we release the August dataset later today :)

Thanks to everyone who reported the issue!

Rick

Ruben Remy

Sep 14, 2021, 12:07:43 PMSep 14
to Rick Viscomi, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), James Morton, ricksel...@gmail.com, Kutloano Molokomme
Thanks for the update and solutions, Rick!

Rick Viscomi

Sep 14, 2021, 3:04:00 PMSep 14
to Ruben Remy, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), James Morton, ricksel...@gmail.com, Kutloano Molokomme
Hi everyone,

We've flushed the cache and the error appears to be resolved. Could you all try again and report back if you're still having issues?

Sorry for any inconvenience this caused!

Rick

Kutloano Molokomme

Sep 15, 2021, 2:18:00 AMSep 15
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), rvis...@google.com, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), James Morton, ricksel...@gmail.com, Kutloano Molokomme, Ruben Remy
Good morning Rick,

Thank you for the quick resolve :).

The connector is working, I am able to create the data source :).

Have a lovely day.

Kind Regards
Kutloano Molokomme

Ruben Remy

Sep 15, 2021, 9:21:02 AMSep 15
to Rick Viscomi, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), James Morton, ricksel...@gmail.com, Kutloano Molokomme
Hi Rick,

I see it's working now for both mentioned examples I gave that weren't working yesterday.

Thanks for solving this issue!

Kind regards,
Ruben