Web vitals score

Tomáš Vébr

Feb 11, 2024, 4:03:29 PMFeb 11
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions)

Hello,

I have question about how to get data for Web vitals score. I am using Google Lighthouse and i wanted to edit score values for the latest ones. Right in the source files there are links like this - https://bigquery.cloud.google.com/table/httparchive:lighthouse.2021_05_01_mobile. But I cannot see any values for metrics in there.

Is it possible to give me some “tutorial” how to get data for these metrics? - FCP, LCP, TBT, CLS, SI, INP, TTI, FID and TTFB. I want these data for mobiles and desktop separately. Also i have found that there is something like filter for types of websites, so im interested in global data and data from E-commerce.

Is there any chance to providing me these data? It would help me a lot with my thesis.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

❄ Johannes Henkel

Apr 3, 2024, 2:41:08 AMApr 3
to Tomáš Vébr, Chrome UX Report (Discussions)
On Sun, Feb 11, 2024 at 1:03 PM Tomáš Vébr <vebr....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I have question about how to get data for Web vitals score. I am using Google Lighthouse and i wanted to edit score values for the latest ones. Right in the source files there are links like this - https://bigquery.cloud.google.com/table/httparchive:lighthouse.2021_05_01_mobile. But I cannot see any values for metrics in there.

SELECT url, report FROM `httparchive.lighthouse.2021_05_01_mobile` LIMIT 1
This is a trivial example query for this table, there are two columns, url, and report. report has the output from the lighthouse tool in JSON format, which includes the measurements for the performance metrics.

The http archive website may be a good starting point. Note the warning about expensive queries.
HTTP archive also has a discussion forum.
Documentation for Lighthouse is over here: https://developer.chrome.com/docs/lighthouse/overview
The JSON format (I think that's what's in the report column mentioned in the query above) is documented here: https://github.com/GoogleChrome/lighthouse/blob/main/docs/understanding-results.md

Good wishes.