Can you add a URL pattern filter to the CrUX Dashboard?

Erik Luchauer

Sep 8, 2021, 2:10:12 PM9/8/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions)
Hi there!

I'm curious to know if it's possible to filter the data in my CrUX dashboard by URL or page type, and if so, how might I go about doing that?

Looking in the FAQ section of this CrUX Dashboard on Data Studio documentation, it says that one limitation is that the data is restricted to origin-level data at monthly granularity. I don't care so much about how often I get the data to update (monthly is fine), but I would like to be able to drill into certain sections of my website.

So, for example, let's say I have an e-commerce website, but there's also a blog. I'd like to highlight our Core Web Vitals for any URL containing site.com/product/ in one section and then have another set of CWV for anything matching a site.com/blog/ URL pattern. Is this possible? And if so, can it be done in the standard CrUX Dashboard? Would love some guidance as my goal is to build out similar dashboards for the different app teams that we have who run different portions of our site (/product, /blog, /search, etc.).

If it can't be done by editing the default CrUX Dashboard, how else might y'all go about creating something like this? Is Data Studio still the best place for it, and what data source would you use, Search Console?

Thanks!

Rick Viscomi

Sep 10, 2021, 12:58:51 PM9/10/21
to Erik Luchauer, Chrome UX Report (Discussions)
Hi,

In short, this wouldn't be possible in the CrUX Dashboard due to the origin-level restriction you mentioned. The dashboard is powered by the origin-level data in the public CrUX dataset on BigQuery, so URL-level data isn't available.

I'd recommend accessing your site's Core Web Vitals report on Search Console. This tool groups URLs into page groups, so the idea would be that your products and blog posts would naturally be grouped together, and the tool would report on the groups' aggregate CWV scores. The CWV data is powered by CrUX.

Alternatively, you could take a list of all URLs and query them using the CrUX API. So it would be possible to manually group URLs under /product and /blog and post-process the results to get an aggregate view.

Rick

Erik Luchauer

Sep 10, 2021, 1:07:58 PM9/10/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), rvis...@google.com, Chrome UX Report (Discussions), Erik Luchauer
I figured as much. Thanks for the confirmation, Rick!

Will look into the CrUX API, but might have to just do some manual work in GSC. Was hoping to build out a dashboard (maybe in Data Studio) where each team (/product, /blog, etc.) could have a real-time pulse check on their CWV stats.

Thanks again!

Valentin Verger

Nov 24, 2021, 2:11:49 AM11/24/21
to Chrome UX Report (Discussions), luch...@gmail.com, rvis...@google.com, Chrome UX Report (Discussions)
Hello all,

I add a question: is the origin level means "all URL under this domains", on only the exact original domain?

so, if my origin level URL is site.com
Are my data will show an average of all pages like site.com/product and site.com/blog ? Are the subdomains included too?

Many thanks,