Intent to Extend Experiment: PointerLock unadjusted mouse movement

瀏覽次數:74 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

James Hollyer

未讀,
2020年5月27日 下午3:43:482020/5/27
收件者:blink-dev

Contact emails

jamesh...@google.com

Spec

https://github.com/w3c/pointerlock/pull/49

Summary

An Origin Trial for PointerLock unadjusted mouse movement started in Chrome 81 and is scheduled to end in Chrome 84. The results from that Origin Trial are that the developers realized in practice that they need to make live updates to the unadjustedMovement setting without losing PointerLock so they never rolled out the change that uses this option. The improvements that were requested have been implemented and land in 83(they were supposed to land in 82), so I would like to give our partners more time to test that this works in production. I would like to extend this origin trial to Chrome 86.

Intent To Prototype: https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/g/blink-dev/c/qZ_STHiTDzU/m/agsdSkVpDgAJ

Goals for experimentation

Validate that the ability to fluidly switch between unadjustedMovement being true and false resolves the issues that applications using Pointer Lock today are having.

Experimental timeline

Experiment continues until 86 instead of ending at 84.

Any risks when the experiment finishes?

No, they will simply return to getting mouse movement data that is currently being provided by mouse events.

Ongoing technical constraints

None.

Will this feature be supported on all five Blink platforms supported by Origin Trials (Windows, Mac, Linux, Chrome OS, and Android)?

This release will only be on Windows. Implementation on ChromeOS is ongoing. Also, most users who have a mouse are on Windows. There are ongoing investigations on how to implement this on other platforms. The data provided from this API could help in convincing platforms that providing this option to applications would be worth the effort.

Feature Dashboard: https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5723553087356928

Yoav Weiss

未讀,
2020年5月28日 凌晨12:14:142020/5/28