FYI: Shared Storage API data storage limits updated

Cammie Smith Barnes

Apr 15, 2024, 3:50:00 PMApr 15
to blink-dev, Josh Karlin, Alex Turner, Yao Xiao, ed...@google.com, asha...@google.com, Rohit Gupta

FYI: Shared Storage API data storage limits updated

We have updated the Shared Storage API data storage limits in the interest of developer ergonomics.

As noted previously in pull request #132, we have removed the limits on number of keys as well as on lengths of keys and values, and replaced these limits with a single per-origin limit of 5MB on the total storage used by the origin's key-value pairs.

This change was effective in M124.

Mike Taylor

Apr 16, 2024, 11:01:53 AMApr 16
to Cammie Smith Barnes, blink-dev, Josh Karlin, Alex Turner, Yao Xiao, ed...@google.com, asha...@google.com, Rohit Gupta

Have we done any compatibility analysis to understand if this change will affect sites using Shared Storage?

Cammie Smith Barnes

Apr 16, 2024, 11:57:41 AMApr 16
to Mike Taylor, blink-dev, Josh Karlin, Alex Turner, Yao Xiao, ed...@google.com, asha...@google.com, Rohit Gupta
Yes, we used UMA metrics to verify that the amount of space is suitable for existing API callers.