Intent to Ship: Array and TypedArray findLast and findLastIndex

Shu-yu Guo

Oct 7, 2021, 1:22:05 PM10/7/21
to blink-dev

Contact emails

s...@chromium.org

Explainer

https://github.com/tc39/proposal-array-find-from-last

Specification

https://tc39.es/proposal-array-find-from-last/index.html

Summary

This is a Stage 3 TC39 proposal that adds the methods findLast and findLastIndex to Array.prototype and the various TypedArray.prototypes. These methods are the "from the end" versions of find and findIndex.

Blink component

Blink>JavaScript>Language

TAG review

TAG review status

Not applicable

Risks

Interoperability and Compatibility

Adding any new methods to Array.prototype runs the risk of web incompatibility due to breaking old libraries. Rollout will need to be monitored.

Gecko: Positive This is Stage 3 in TC39

WebKit: Positive This is Stage 3 in TC39

Web developers: Positive (https://twitter.com/mgechev/status/1432199126570131459?s=20)

Debuggability

It is a new prototype method, so can be debugged like any other prototype method.

Yes, in test262

Flag name

--harmony-array-find-last

Requires code in //chrome?

False

Tracking bug

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/v8/issues/detail?id=11990

Estimated milestones

DevTrial on desktop94
DevTrial on android94
DevTrial on Webview94

https://chromestatus.com/feature/5693639729610752

Chris Harrelson

Oct 7, 2021, 8:40:17 PM10/7/21
to Shu-yu Guo, blink-dev
LGTM1

Yoav Weiss

Oct 8, 2021, 12:19:17 AM10/8/21
to Chris Harrelson, Shu-yu Guo, blink-dev

Daniel Bratell

Oct 8, 2021, 2:48:51 AM10/8/21
to Yoav Weiss, Chris Harrelson, Shu-yu Guo, blink-dev

LGTM3  (I sent an LGTM1 yesterday but as a direct mail, doh)

Joe Medley

Oct 8, 2021, 10:00:51 AM10/8/21
to Shu-yu Guo, blink-dev
Shu-yu,

In which version are you wanting to ship?

Joe
Joe Medley | Technical Writer, Chrome DevRel | jme...@google.com | 816-678-7195
If an API's not documented it doesn't exist.

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 10:22 AM 'Shu-yu Guo' via blink-dev <blin...@chromium.org> wrote:

Shu-yu Guo

Oct 8, 2021, 11:56:21 AM10/8/21
to Joe Medley, blink-dev
Hi Joe,

I will land the flag flip early next week, which would put this on-by-default in M97.

Joe Medley

Oct 8, 2021, 12:24:16 PM10/8/21
to Shu-yu Guo, blink-dev
Thanks. Can you please add that to the Chrome Status entry? Open it for editing, click "Edit all fields", then scroll all the way to the bottom.