Intent to Prototype: Cross-origin opener policy reporting API

Camille Lamy

Jun 18, 2020, 1:14:49 PM6/18/20
to blink-dev
cl...@chromium.org https://github.com/camillelamy/explainers/blob/master/coop_reporting.md Specification (first spec PR): https://github.com/whatwg/html/pull/5518 https://github.com/w3ctag/design-reviews/issues/527 Provide a reporting API developers can use to help deploy cross-origin opener policy. This should help with COOP debuggability as DevTools will be able to hook in the same places as we send reports and use this to surface useful information to developers trying to enable COOP. No All platforms will be supported except Android WebView. The underlying COOP feature requires multiple renderer processes which Android WebView cannot provide. Yes We plan on fully testing this feature using WebPlatform tests. Our tests are part of the cross-origin opener policy suite (tests marked as reporting), and we are currently expending them. https://wpt.fyi/results/html/cross-origin-opener-policy?label=experimental&label=master&aligned https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5755687994916864