Intent to Experiment: Network State Partitioning (again)

Mike Taylor

Apr 4, 2022, 1:46:03 PM4/4/22
to blink-dev, Brianna Goldstein, Matt Menke

Contact emails

brgol...@chromium.org, mike...@chromium.org, mme...@chromium.org

Summary

We would like to run another experiment for the Network State Partitioning effort to better understand the performance impacts of double-keying (top frame site) vs triple-keying (top frame site and frame site).

I’ve omitted all of the information contained in previous intents that hasn’t changed. Here’s a link to the last (triple-key) I2E.

Links to previous Intent discussions

Intent to prototype: https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/g/blink-dev/c/6KKXv1PqPZ0/m/nm2z5I_MBAAJ

Intent to Extend Experiment: https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/g/blink-dev/c/sLC_W6B8big/m/5sk787RQBAAJ

Intent to Ship: https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/g/blink-dev/c/tJa6uzXu_IA/m/IN6UhwKtAwAJ

Blink component

Internals>Network

Goals for experimentation

We want to roll this out to 1% of Stable traffic (i.e., this is not an Origin Trial) to be able to compare to the previous experiment.

Estimated milestones

We’d like to run at 1% on Stable for ~1 milestone (ideally in M101 or perhaps 102 depending the timing of a bug fix).

Tracking bug

https://crbug.com/993801

Launch bug

https://crbug.com/1166303