PSA: Ads Relevance and Measurement APIs ramping up

Josh Karlin

Aug 10, 2023, 9:52:45 AM8/10/23
to blink-dev
We have begun the ramp up of all Ads Relevance and Measurement APIs, and you can expect to see traffic levels increase over the next few days. We will monitor metrics and evaluate when to proceed to the next phase of the roll-out. Users need to relaunch Chrome before version updates or incremental API updates take effect. This ramp up includes a mix of different experimental groups. The main group will have all APIs enabled, but we are also running isolated groups with individual APIs enabled to allow for easier detection of any potential issues. The total percentage of users for which the APIs are enabled for this phase of the ramp up are as follows:

Attribution Reporting: 35%
Protected Audience: 35%
Shared Storage: 35%
Fenced Frames: 40%
Topics: 35%
Private Aggregation: 40%

As always, you can reach out to us on the Privacy Sandbox developer support repo with any issues.

Best,

Josh

Rowan Merewood

Aug 22, 2023, 2:32:45 PM8/22/23
to blink-dev, Josh Karlin
We've reached our milestone for the ~35% ramp-up and intend to continue heading towards ~50% from Wednesday, 23rd August.

As before, users need to relaunch Chrome before version updates or incremental API updates take effect. This ramp up includes a mix of different experimental groups. The main group will have all APIs enabled, but we are also running isolated groups with individual APIs enabled to allow for easier detection of any potential issues. The planned traffic levels for this phase of the ramp up are as follows:
Attribution Reporting: 50%
Protected Audience: 50%
Shared Storage: 50%
Fenced Frames: 55%
Topics: 50%
Private Aggregation: 55%

We will continue to keep you posted on progress and plans for each milestone. As always, you can reach out to us here or on the developer support repo (https://github.com/GoogleChromeLabs/privacy-sandbox-dev-support) with any issues.

Josh Karlin

Sep 5, 2023, 12:13:27 PM9/5/23
to Rowan Merewood, blink-dev
We've started ramping up all of the APIs to 99% of users as of September 1st. As before, users need to relaunch Chrome before version updates or incremental API updates take effect. You can reach out to us here or on the developer support repo (https://github.com/GoogleChromeLabs/privacy-sandbox-dev-support) with any issues.