Intent to extend experiment: Privacy Sandbox Ads APIs

Josh Karlin

Jul 27, 2022, 12:48:06 PM7/27/22
to blink-dev
Greetings. The Privacy Sandbox Ads APIs experiment includes several APIs and we'd like to extend all of them another three milestones to M107, with the expectation that we will likely continue to ask for extensions to support ecosystem testing.

This OT covers several APIs (Attribution Reporting, FLEDGE, Topics, Fenced Frames, and Shared Storage) that are part of the Privacy Sandbox initiative. Based on feedback we have already received, it will take more time before experimenters can provide the feedback that we need to validate and improve them. We also expect to add several new features for testing (including Shared Storage and support for FLEDGE on mobile) in upcoming releases.

I've bundled the requests for each API into a single intent to extend since they are part of the same OT and all require the extension. If you'd like, they can instead be requested individually.

Thanks,

Josh

Johnny Stenback

Jul 27, 2022, 2:33:05 PM7/27/22
to Josh Karlin, blink-dev
Hey Josh,

As a general rule, please send one intent per feature as that'll help ensure all the intents get marked as approved in Chromestatus appropriately and we can help ensure that OT milestones etc are all up to date.

Thanks,
Johnny

Yoav Weiss

Aug 2, 2022, 2:29:26 AM8/2/22
to Johnny Stenback, Josh Karlin, blink-dev
Hey Johnny!

Josh consulted with me whether he should send a single intent or several ones, and I asked him to send a single consolidated one. Since the different features are all bundled as a single OT, a single intent makes it easier to make sure they are all in sync, and we're not inadvertently approving an extension for all the features when approving an extension for one of them.
Maybe it's possible to list all the different status entries in this extension request, so that we'd make sure they're all up to date?

Cheers :)
Yoav

Josh Karlin

Aug 2, 2022, 8:34:45 AM8/2/22
to Yoav Weiss, Johnny Stenback, blink-dev
I can do individual intents if that's necessary. Here are the affected status entries:

Johnny Stenback

Aug 2, 2022, 10:58:53 AM8/2/22
to Josh Karlin, Yoav Weiss, blink-dev
Sounds like API Owners are happy with the proposed approach of handling these all through the single intent (thanks Yoav, I was unaware of your earlier conversation). Given that and as long as all the relevant chromestatus entries are kept up to date I'm fine with that approach.

Cheers,
Johnny

Mike Taylor

Aug 2, 2022, 1:41:30 PM8/2/22
to Josh Karlin, Yoav Weiss, blink-dev, Johnny Stenback