Allow Navigator.registerProtocolHandler to register "payto"

52 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Rastislav Vašička

ungelesen,
13.04.2023, 09:23:3513.04.23
an blink-dev
Explainer
A unified URI scheme for all payment target types allows applications to offer user interactions with URIs that represent payment targets, simplifying the introduction of new payment systems and applications.

Specification

Summary

Add "payto" to the list of protocols available for registration via registerProtocolHandler(). The Payto scheme is described in RFC 8905 but not adapted in the safelisted scheme list. To support this standard it will be great to adapt it.

Blink component

Risks

Interoperability and Compatibility

None

The implementation gives precedence to native protocol handlers before consulting sites registered via registerProtcolHandler.

Gecko: No signal

WebKit: No signal

Web developers: No signals

Mike Taylor

ungelesen,
13.04.2023, 09:28:2713.04.23
an Rastislav Vašička, blink-dev

Hi Rastislav,

Can you clarify - do you intend to prototype this? Do you have a bug or CL where you're doing the work?

thanks,
Mike

Rastislav Vašička

ungelesen,
13.04.2023, 10:44:0213.04.23
an blink-dev, mike...@chromium.org, blink-dev, Rastislav Vašička
Sure, Mike.

As the protocol is defined in RFC 8905, it may be implemented in the system.

Prototype and PR are in progress.

Mike Taylor

ungelesen,
13.04.2023, 10:57:1313.04.23
an Rastislav Vašička, blink-dev

Got it - we'll treat this as an Intent to Prototype then (typically an Intent starts with "Intent to Prototype" (or Experiment, Ship, etc.).

You'll want to create a chromestatus.com entry with the proposed new feature (see https://www.chromium.org/blink/launching-features/#launch-process - that explains how to get access to create a new feature, if you don't already have it).

I think it would also be useful to flesh out the Explainer a bit, focusing on the concrete use cases you're trying to enable.

thanks,
Mike

Die Nachricht wurde gelöscht

Dave Tapuska

ungelesen,
14.04.2023, 10:44:3114.04.23
an Rastislav Vašička, blink-dev, mike...@chromium.org
I feel the chromestatus is a bit misleading on the Mozilla position. It indicates "Worth Prototyping" with a link to the Mozilla positions github issue. But no one from Mozilla has indicated a position.

dave.

On Thu, Apr 13, 2023 at 3:05 PM Rastislav Vašička <rastisla...@codetech.cc> wrote:
Thank you. Created https://chromestatus.com/feature/5199727026503680

Mike Taylor

ungelesen,
14.04.2023, 11:51:3114.04.23
an Dave Tapuska, Rastislav Vašička, blink-dev

Agree - I've changed it to "Under Consideration" until they respond with an official position. Thanks for pointing that out, Dave.

Rastislav Vašička

ungelesen,
14.04.2023, 13:35:5914.04.23
an blink-dev, dtap...@chromium.org, blink-dev, mike...@chromium.org, Rastislav Vašička