PSA: the feedback survey requirement from Origin Trials will be removed

Panos Astithas

Jan 26, 2024, 4:00:12 PMJan 26
to blink-dev, Origin Trials Support
Hi Blink community,

Our current policy for participation in Origin Trials requires participants to submit feedback through a standard survey questionnaire 6 weeks after registration, in order for their token to remain valid for the duration of the trial (example). This is separate from the feature feedback link included in every trial page (example).

After a series of user interviews with a number of Origin Trial stakeholders last year, we came to realize that the value of the former feedback has been very limited and the additional obstacle to continued trial participation needlessly confuses users. Last September we asked the Blink API owners to remove this requirement and they approved this plan. We will proceed with making the necessary changes to the Origin Trials service and documentation in about a week.

Trial participants should continue to provide feedback through the existing feature feedback link (which often leads to the GitHub issues for the feature repo), and this will also be mentioned in the updated Origin Trials notification emails.

Enjoy the decreased friction in your trial participation and let me know if you have more ideas for things we can improve.

Thanks,
Panos