[blink-dev] UPDATE... PLEASE READ: NEW DATES, Registration and Call for Content!

Shauna Mendelow

Oct 19, 2021, 1:01:58 PM10/19/21
to bli...@chromium.org
Hi All!

TL;DR [UPDATE]  New Dates... We have received a lot of feedback that after 1.6 years of working from home due to the pandemic, folks are feeling screen fatigue from online meetings and events. Given this, we have adjusted our event down to two days, Nov 16 & 17th. We are changing things up a bit and will host our event on hopin, you can register here. Please note... you will receive TWO emails for registration, and will need to confirm your email address, (please check your spam folder of the account you registered with). We will have the same format, however we will not have our Slack channels as all networking can be done on the platform. You can download the hopin mobile app on your device.

Hi!

If you haven't already, please REGISTER NOW for BlinkOn 15, and look for your confirmation email from "hopin".

  • Date: Nov 16-17, 2021

  • Time: 9:00am-12:00pm PST

  • Location: Virtual

Breakout Talks: If you'd like to host a 25-minute breakout talk (presentation, discussion, etc.) at BlinkOn 15, please sign up here no later than Thursday, November 9th @ 5:00pm PST. We will reach out to confirm the logistics of your session. Here is a list of current topics.

Lightning Talks: Add your name to this sheet before Oct 21 at 5:00pm pacific time zone. All talks must be recorded in a video by Nov 3rd at 5:00pm pacific time zone.

We are changing things up a bit and will host our event on hopin, you can register here. Please note... you will receive TWO emails for registration, and will need to confirm your email address, (please check your spam folder of the account you registered withWe will have the same format, however we will not have our Slack channels as all networking can be done on the platform. You can also download the hopin mobile app on your device.

Questions: chromium.org/events

Thanks!

BlinkOn Planning Committee

Vincent Scheib

Nov 16, 2021, 1:04:54 PM11/16/21
to blink-dev

Thomas Steiner

Nov 17, 2021, 5:39:02 AM11/17/21
to Vincent Scheib, blink-dev
Does the event platform publish to YouTube in the background? If so, does anyone have the unlisted livestream links so I could follow up? Thanks!

On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 7:04 PM Vincent Scheib <sch...@chromium.org> wrote:

Thomas Steiner, PhD—Developer Advocate (https://blog.tomayac.com, https://twitter.com/tomayac)

Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg, Germany
Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Halimah DeLaine Prado

Manuel Rego Casasnovas

Nov 17, 2021, 6:54:12 AM11/17/21
to Thomas Steiner, Vincent Scheib, blink-dev

On 17/11/2021 11:38, 'Thomas Steiner' via blink-dev wrote:
> Does the event platform publish to YouTube in the background? If so,
> does anyone have the unlisted livestream links so I could follow up? Thanks!

It looks like the talks from yesterday are already in the usual YouTube
channel:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9ioqAuyl6UL_1DiG1tPRHbGJlGQ_gQJW

Cheers,
Rego

> On Tue, Nov 16, 2021 at 7:04 PM Vincent Scheib <sch...@chromium.org
> <mailto:sch...@chromium.org>> wrote:
>
> https://www.chromium.org/events/blinkon-15
> <https://www.chromium.org/events/blinkon-15>
>
> --
>

> --
> Thomas Steiner, PhD—Developer Advocate (https://blog.tomayac.com
> <https://blog.tomayac.com>, https://twitter.com/tomayac
> <https://twitter.com/tomayac>)
>
> Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg, Germany
> Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Halimah DeLaine Prado
> Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891

> --
> https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/blink-dev/CALgRrLnUpmXn_3eY_Aux506O8FmPFacs2DDUYv9QS9rRDU8RFw%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/blink-dev/CALgRrLnUpmXn_3eY_Aux506O8FmPFacs2DDUYv9QS9rRDU8RFw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Thomas Steiner

Nov 17, 2021, 6:58:50 AM11/17/21
to Manuel Rego Casasnovas, Thomas Steiner, Vincent Scheib, blink-dev
It looks like the talks from yesterday are already in the usual YouTube
channel:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9ioqAuyl6UL_1DiG1tPRHbGJlGQ_gQJW

Oh, nice! I looked on the event platform and it said there were no recorded sessions. Thanks for the link!