PSA: Virtual web test suits now have expiration dates

Weizhong Xia

Nov 22, 2022, 3:08:01 PM11/22/22
to blink-dev, chromium-dev-internal
Hi Folks

TL;DR: We now support expiration dates for virtual test suites. All virtual test suites now have an initial expiration date of July 1st, 2023. If you own any virtual test suites, please review this value, and update that to an appropriate date.

 In the past we have seen cases where virtual test suites are left running when they should be deleted. By adding expiration dates, developers now have a chance to review the test suites based on latest status. The expiration date can be set to 'never' if necessary. An explanation is required for such a case.

I will resent this a couple of times in case some people should miss this due to the holiday season.

And happy holidays!

thanks, Weizhong

Weizhong Xia

May 30, 2023, 1:24:01 PM5/30/23
to blink-dev, chromium-dev-internal
Hi Folks

This is a reminder as we are approaching July 1st, 2023, the initial expiration date I set for all the virtual test suites. I did a search just now. Most VTS would still expire at that date (161 out of 194).

Can we review this to make sure we do not lose coverage suddenly?

thanks, Weizhong

Weizhong Xia

May 31, 2023, 12:47:19 PM5/31/23
to blink-dev
For those who don't know already, the virtual test suites config file is located at //third_party/blink/web_tests/VirtualTestSuites.

Weizhong Xia

Jun 23, 2023, 4:39:45 PM6/23/23
to blink-dev
FYI