PSA: Chromestatus Guide UX

Jason Robbins

Aug 25, 2020, 6:03:57 PM8/25/20
to blink-dev, webstatus
If you don’t edit feature entries on chromestatus.com then you can stop reading.

TL;DR ChromeStatus's new Guide UX will become the default on September 1.

Now that we have a revised launch process, we are rolling out improved tool support for it.  Specifically, we have a new "Guide" UX for creating and editing feature entries.

The Guide UX walks you through the stages of the process.  For each stage, a short form prompts you for the fields of the feature entry relevant to that stage.  And, key fields are surfaced on the overview page as progress checkmarks.

Please try the Guide UX by clicking the "Try new UI" link at the top of the feature entry creation and editing pages.

If you have feedback, please click the "Process and UI feedback" link in the UI.

Thanks,
Jason on behalf of the WebStatus team

Jason Robbins

Sep 2, 2020, 2:15:27 PM9/2/20
to blink-dev
This change is now live:  The Guide UX is now the default editing UX on chromestatus.com.

If you encounter any problems or have feedback, please use the link at the top of the page for Process and UI feedback,

Thanks,
jason!