Master to Main branch migration for chromium/src repo delayed.

Normando Rosas

Nov 20, 2020, 7:46:35 PM11/20/20
to mainbranch...@chromium.org

Bcc: infra-a...@chromium.org, chromi...@chromium.org, commi...@chromium.org

tl;dr Master to Main branch migration for chromium/src repo, originally scheduled for 11/30, has been delayed. New ETA 2021 Q1.

Hello Chromium community,

Master to Main branch migration for chromium/src repo has been delayed. As part of our  inclusion initiatives, more specifically the changing Chromium default git branch project, earlier this month we initiated the migration for the infra/infra repo, we moved this repo to the first transition stage i.e. “New main branch created” and while doing so we ran into a couple of issues when moving/copying existing CLs from the master branch to the main branch; as result of that infra/infra repo was reverted  to its initial state. infra/infra migration is a pre-step in our plan to migrate chromium/src; hence, the delay. While we are targeting to resume both migrations (infra/infra and chromium/src) in 2021 Q1, no new specific timelines have been defined yet; we are partnering with the Gerrit team to address the aforementioned issues, once we have more clarity about the new timeline we will communicate it to you with enough time in advance, and will provide sufficient time to perform the required changes.

Thanks, and we look forward to continuing to work with you in this initiative.

Josip Sokcevic and Norman Rosas on behalf of the ChOps Source team.