Exploring a commons fund for Chromium

Shruthi Sreekanta

Dec 8, 2023, 5:29:03 PM12/8/23
to blink-dev

At BlinkOn18, I gave a talk (slides, video) about External contributions to Chromium, and among other ideas, I introduced one of a potential Open Collective Fund for helping to support Chromium's commons (maintenance, code health, bug fixing, etc.). Some of you expressed interest in discussing this topic further. With that in mind, I have started a mailing list <commons-...@chromium.org> to organize a working group to explore what a potential commons fund for Chromium might look like.

If you and/or your organization are interested in supporting the effort to create and manage such a fund, please join the mailing list to explore structure and initiatives for such a collective. Any future discussions on this topic will be sent to that mailing list.

Thanks,

Shruthi