time to say goodbye

Jochen Eisinger

Aug 13, 2021, 4:02:40 AM8/13/21
to blink-api-owners-discuss
Hey folks,

I wanted to kick off the process of removing myself from API owners. I don't particularly mind being an API owner, but at the same time, I realize that I only rarely participate in discussions at this point, and so in the spirit of our new formalities, I'd like to offer my resignation.

I'm about to head out for vacation and will be back mid September, so I'd send a CL to remove myself when I'm back, unless you came to a different conclusion in the meantime.

best
-jochen

Rick Byers

Aug 13, 2021, 11:44:12 AM8/13/21
to Jochen Eisinger, blink-api-owners-discuss
Dude, don't scare me with subject lines like that - especially not these days :-)

But yeah, it makes sense that API owners isn't where your focus is right now and I agree that we should keep the list to folks who are regularly contributing. Thank you for all that you've done!
   Rick

Yoav Weiss

Aug 16, 2021, 3:58:29 AM8/16/21
to Rick Byers, Jochen Eisinger, blink-api-owners-discuss

Philip Jägenstedt

Aug 16, 2021, 6:09:30 AM8/16/21
to Yoav Weiss, Rick Byers, Jochen Eisinger, blink-api-owners-discuss
Have a good vacation, Jochen, and sorry you won't be back on intent threads :)

Chris Harrelson

Aug 16, 2021, 7:27:17 PM8/16/21
to Philip Jägenstedt, Yoav Weiss, Rick Byers, Jochen Eisinger, blink-api-owners-discuss
Jochen, thanks for all of your contributions as an API owner over the years! And thanks also for maintaining our exciting spreadsheet bot for so long.

The current formalities allow for an API owner to resign at any time on their own terms, so I don't think there is any approval of the group needed. The process we recently agreed upon is for agreeing to remove an existing API owner who chose not to resign (and which I hope never to have to use, BTW).