Chrome trace cc::DisplayItemList - SkPicture rasterization problem

sarath.s...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2018, 6:47:18 AM4/18/18
to Chrome benchmarking
Hi,

I am trying to see the frames content from the chrome trace taken from Android chrome.

I enabled “cc::DisplayItemList” and got the frame dots in the trace, But chrome "Cannot rasterize..", I tired with "--enable-skia-benchmarking" flag also.

I can save the picture as .skp file, but I do not have SkPicture viewer or debugger tool.

Is there any way to see the content form the trace?

Thank You,
Sarath

Ned

Apr 18, 2018, 9:03:52 AM4/18/18
to sarath.s...@gmail.com, Chrome benchmarking, skyo...@chromium.org, oyst...@chromium.org, benjh...@chromium.org
+Sammi, Oysteine, Ben who may know what's going on here

Sami Kyostila

Apr 20, 2018, 8:29:34 PM4/20/18
to Ned, sarath.s...@gmail.com, Chrome benchmarking, oyst...@chromium.org, benjh...@chromium.org
I'm not sure why --enable-skia-benchmarking doesn't work, but failing that the Skia Debugger is a handy way to view skp files:

- Sami

Ben Hayden

Apr 27, 2018, 7:11:15 PM4/27/18
to sarath.s...@gmail.com, Ned, Chrome benchmarking, Sami Kyostila, oyst...@chromium.org
sarath.singapati:
  • Can you share a trace?
  • What version of chrome are you using?
  • Which OS?
I compiled a debug build, ran with --enable-skia-benchmarking, recorded a trace using the Frame Viewer preset (blink,cc,gpu,renderer.scheduler,v8,toplevel,disabled-by-default-cc.debug,disabled-by-default-cc.debug.picture,disabled-by-default-cc.debug.display_items), and found the skps worked, with some errors in the dev console that I'll file a bug about.

skp.png

sarath.s...@gmail.com

May 2, 2018, 5:29:18 AM5/2/18
to Chrome benchmarking, sarath.s...@gmail.com, nedn...@google.com, skyo...@google.com, oyst...@chromium.org, benjh...@chromium.org
Hi,

I have built the same chrome linux version and SKP rendering worked with --enable-skia-benchmarking option.

Thank you.