Registering click sources with the JS API

Aloïs Bissuel

May 4, 2022, 7:20:09 AM5/4/22
to Attribution Reporting API announcements (and developer questions)
Hi!

It looks like there is a slight issue when using the JS API for registering sources (ie adding a  parameter like 'attributionsrc=http://adtech.com/registersource?adid=...' to window.open).
The query part of the URL is removed after the first equal sign (maybe a split is done on this character when Chrome recovers the URL?). We tried encoding the full URL, but it is not decoded after the split.
Did we miss something in our implementation?
Thanks a lot!

Andrew Paseltiner

May 4, 2022, 9:14:34 AM5/4/22
to Attribution Reporting API announcements (and developer questions), alois....@gmail.com
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I agree that it is a problem and have filed https://github.com/WICG/conversion-measurement-api/issues/407 for further discussion, since it will require us to change the Attribution Reporting API explainer/spec and/or the HTML spec.