Origin Trial extended through Chrome 93

John Delaney

Jul 16, 2021, 1:49:50 PM7/16/21
to Attribution Reporting API Dev
Hi all,

As noted on the chromestatus entry (https://chromestatus.com/feature/6412002824028160#details), the Origin Trial for the Conversion Measurement API has been extended through Chrome 93.

If you haven't yet seen the migration guide for experiments in Chrome 92, please see the information here:

The Intent to Extend Experiment is located here:

Please note: when renewing Origin Trial tokens after an experiment has been extended, a new token will be generated.

Thanks,
John

Maojie Wei

Sep 23, 2021, 1:02:00 PM9/23/21
to Attribution Reporting API Dev, john...@chromium.org
Hi John,

Is origin trials for attribution report expired? I'm seeing the redirect being cancelled on Chrome. Is this expected?

Thanks
Maojie

John Delaney

Sep 23, 2021, 1:52:34 PM9/23/21
to Attribution Reporting API Dev, mw...@pinterest.com, John Delaney
Yes it is currently expired. We have an Intent to extend through Chrome 94 that is currently pending approval, you can follow along at:

John Delaney

Sep 23, 2021, 8:51:22 PM9/23/21
to Attribution Reporting API Dev, John Delaney, mw...@pinterest.com
Update: The Intent has been approved, new tokens can be registered at the dashboard here: https://developer.chrome.com/origintrials/#/register_trial/3411476717733150721

The above note is still relevant:

> Please note: when renewing Origin Trial tokens after an experiment has been extended, a new token will be generated.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,
John

Gregory Truchetet

Oct 28, 2021, 8:20:34 AM10/28/21
to Attribution Reporting API Dev, john...@chromium.org, mw...@pinterest.com
Hi!
Any news on the renewal of the trial? I've probably missed something but I don't see the trial anymore in the Active Trials tab.
Message has been deleted

Maud Nalpas

Oct 28, 2021, 8:33:24 AM10/28/21
to Attribution Reporting API Dev, Gregory Truchetet, john...@chromium.org, mw...@pinterest.com
Hi Gregory,

Thanks for reaching out!
An intend to extend this origin trial has been published on October 21st. It needs one approval from an API owner before this can move forward.
Feel free to follow the thread I've linked to be notified when that happens. Once it does, there are a few more steps required before the origin trial shows up in the Active Trials⏤I'll let johnidel@ add more context here if he wishes to.