How to locate the objects (Automation IDs) in chrome legacy window?

Shyam prasad Chandran

Aug 24, 2018, 3:28:21 AM8/24/18
to apps-dev
Hi All,

  I'm trying to automate an application that can be hosted on web browsers (Edge,chrome,firefox) and on desktop (windows 10) as well. For browser application i have used selenium tool for automation. In case of desktop application i'm trying to use Winium which works based on detection of object via automation Ids or names.

In my application that is hosted on desktop, the entire window gets displayed as "Chrome Legacy Window", thereby there is no automation Ids or names getting displayed for the application.
In such situation i cannot proceed forward in automation.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Shyam