Web view system install

Shrish Dutta Dwivedi

Mar 28, 2024, 10:08:57 AMMar 28
to android-w...@chromium.org
Sir,

Kindly install web view system in my mobile app . My mobile no.is 8779067209. By mistake I have disabled it. I can't send mail from my phone. I am using alternate phone number.

Regards,

Shrish Dutta Dwivedi

Nate Fischer

Mar 29, 2024, 1:45:07 PMMar 29
to Shrish Dutta Dwivedi, android-w...@chromium.org
Sorry to hear that you're having issues. Are you able to re-enable the WebView package? You should be able to find this by going into Settings > apps & notifications > all apps > Android System WebView > enable. The app should already be installed, you just need to enable it again.

If you're still having issues after that, try enabling developer settings by following these instructions. Then go into developer settings > WebView implementation > and check which options are available. If you get stuck, https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/master/android_webview/docs/prerelease.md#trichrome-dev has more detailed instructions. If some of the options in that menu are grayed out, can you please let us know which one?

Nate Fischer | Software Engineer | ntf...@google.com